Blind squirrel, nut, etc...

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
The body language of the players on the field is just negative. Outside of Royer and White it doesn't look like many care, or are hustling.

Something is off for sure.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

The body language of the players on the field is just negative. Outside of Royer and White it doesn't look like many care, or are hustling.

Lol
I think Long needs to step it up because he is not at DOY level
Beat way to get big winter transfer is to go into beast mode and have a great Sept friendly

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
If Armas isn't inspiring the fans, it might be worse with the players. I study the body language in the all access vids, and it seems like at best they tolerate/humor him but wouldn't run through a wall for him. At least not anymore.

Also has to be demoralizing to be at the fizzle-out end of an era where a lot more hardware could've been won if the team cared about investing to turn a winning team into a champion. As good as the team has been over the past 5 years, 2 shields, no cups feels like a fail. At least 2 more cups could've been had.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

you didn't see Rza hustling?  Kaku?   What game were you at???

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think Armas is a bad head coach.

Armas outcoached Arena last night. Arena played 5 in the back and bunkered in for no reason. Ive been watching Revs games and theyve been fun and exciting. Yesterday, Arena bunkered in and played scared.

Armas, put out a line up with 2 strikers and a diamond midfield ....that no one has seen before and no one on these boards has mentioned in the past.

We had many more chances and controlled play the majority of the game.

Murillo and BWP make a huge difference.

Looked like a 4-3-3 to me

BWP wasn't an Armas decision... and I don't agree he made much of a difference anyway

Murillo was great at getting upfield and crossing it to no one

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Looked like a 4-3-3 to me
BWP wasn't an Armas decision... and I don't agree he made much of a difference anyway
Murillo was great at getting upfield and crossing it to no one

Sorry thought Murillo was great and if Royer continues his run like he should have its an easy tap in at the 93 minute
He know he made the wrong decision on that as he did multiple other times last night
Agree it was a 433 or 4312 but flexible
Got Royer closer to goal which helped create chances which we/he couldnt finish

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Armas, put out a line up with 2 strikers and a diamond midfield ....that no one has seen before and no one on these boards has mentioned in the past.

4132 has been suggested dozens of times (especially for games at home when we have the bulk of the possession), going back to when Marsch was the coach, but it has indeed never been used. Not many have the energy to keep banging the exact same drums for several years.(Some do!)

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Long kept him on . I thought the same as u until I watched the replay.

Oh yes, I saw that too.

I dont think Buck was trying to play an offside trap though.

Bou used his experience and strength to get inside and muscle Buck up the field.

A full back cant, under that circumstance, let the forward get inside os him, period. Hes taught to keep
The forward on the outside and stay goal side.

Bucks 2nd goal allowed in the last 2 weeks.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Agree buck positioning needed improvement as I said the same thing allowed Bou inside and behind Bou is a Liga MX forward v guy getting 3rd start - watch the tape kid and learn Bou threw an awesome move on Long - like a swim motion but Long did great to recover and shut him down.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

When this kind of description has come to define your club over a period of many years you start to wonder if something is systematically wrong.

yeah, giving up the lead happened under Marsch, too, but ppl's narratives keep on keepin' the fuck on. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Armas tenure doesnt pass the smell test.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Oh yes, I saw that too.

I dont think Buck was trying to play an offside trap though.

Bou used his experience and strength to get inside and muscle Buck up the field.

A full back cant, under that circumstance, let the forward get inside os him, period. Hes taught to keep
The forward on the outside and stay goal side.

Bucks 2nd goal allowed in the last 2 weeks.

Completely agree, this was not an offside trap, Buck just got beat plain and simple. Just like a game-winning penalty he gave up last week. Dont take me wrong, he has performed admirably being thrown right in the starting lineup, but he is no lockdown defender yet that Armas is making out him out to be, and the fact hes useless offensively takes opportunities away from this team.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Our offensive didn’t need buckmaster to create 8 shots on goal throughout the game. Murillo created 2 at the end. If we had finished and NER goalie didn’t have massive night in his homecoming to NJ it would be different story on Buck. Issue is more on Royer finishing and great goal keeping.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Our offensive didnt need buckmaster to create 8 shots on goal throughout the game. Murillo created 2 at the end. If we had finished and NER goalie didnt have massive night in his homecoming to NJ it would be different story on Buck. Issue is more on Royer finishing and great goal keeping.

The triangle of CCJ, Rza and Davis (with Davis at the 6) didnt do enough to prevent the pass. Any roster upgrade here or an Armas epiphany to play CCJ as the lone 6 might have prevented the pass.

Regardless, Buckmaster didnt defend properly.

So sure, Ill take another CM or at least a central midfield deployed properly. But defending 101 also needs to be cleaned up. By both Buck and Murillo. If they cant do the simplest shit then teams are just gonna keep hammering that side and be rewarded for it.

Henry: Good teams win games 1-0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users