• 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

My guesses at 1st team changes. 

Players not returning:

Released - Robles Lade Etienne Beze Mines BWP

Sold - Taxi Long Murillo Kaku

Loan ended - Sims

I think they let go of Robles in order to start Meara, who will prob make 300k less than Robles does/did. The saved cap space will give them plenty of flexibility in theory. Taxi Long Kaku and Murillo sold to teams somewhere else, and all 4 get their wish. In turn, the team will prob get ~$2.5m in GAM (if the CBA stays the same). Beze Mines all surplus to requirements. I think BWP is offered a substantially lower contract, simliar to what the team gave SWP. He refuses and is then released. He then plays for Phoenix in USL-C.

50/50 whether or not Rza comes back. I don't mind him staying, but he just can't start a lot of matches. 20-25 gms max. Isn't too expensive. Toss up, imo. Was here at $450k or thereabouts. $950k the season before. 

Players remaining (3 int'ls, 1 GC):

Meara Louro

Parker Tarek Duncan Nealis Buck

Royer Valot Casseres Muyl Davis Omir Koffi 

White Barlow Jorgen$en

------------White

----Royer Valot Muyl

-----Casseres Davis

??? Tarek Parker Duncan

------------Meara

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
The team is going to look so different next year, I'm actually looking forward to it at this point. I've seen enough of some of these guys.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

same

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The team is going to look so different next year, I'm actually looking forward to it at this point. I've seen enough of some of these guys.

It certainly feels like the end of an era. A good argument can be made to cut ties with pretty much anyone, maybe except Taxi, Duncan and CCJ, who we can build around for the next half decade.

With an extra addition or two in any of the last 5 seasons, it could have been a much different story. Sigh.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

rebuilding years suck, and would especially so here, because we are all numb to the hype about young guys coming in, and they won't bring anyone truly worth  getting excited about.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Honestly, if RB isn't going to spend the money to be a title contender, it's time to blow it up. It's unfair to players like Lawrence or Long to keep them around on a middling MLS team if they have interest from abroad.

If RB does decide to spend the money, then the best move would be to bring in 3 brand-new DPs. Kaku is good and all, but he's not a massive game-changer. Let BWP, Kaku, and Sims go, and replace them with a DP striker, winger, and defensive midfielder.

With spending:

DP
Royer - TAM - DP
CCJ - DP
Lawrence - Long - Parker - Duncan or new
Robles or Meara

Without spending:

White
Royer - Rza - new
CCJ - Davis
new - Nealis - Parker - Duncan
Robles

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Without spending:

White
Royer - Rza - new
CCJ - Davis
new - Nealis - Parker - Duncan
Robles

We all know it's going to be this, with Muyl as the RW and hopefully at least Taxi still at LB.

Probably would still make the playoffs with a better coach, but this team could be so much more with just a little more investment.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

If Red Bull is still the owner (spoiler alert: they will be), I say we go all in on the Red Bull system. The average age for this years starters at Salzburg and Leipzig is about 23. The age of our starting lineup last night was about 26. The entire second half and AET was played in our half because we can no longer keep up the press for 90 minutes.

Let Red Bull's great international scouting staff find us some young talent that aren't ready to feed to the big club and give them to us to get some quality minutes.

For coach, I say hire Robert Klauss. He is a 34 y/o assistant manager for RB Leipzig and has already managed at their youth, U-17 and U-19 levels.

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but at least it should be entertaining.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
definitely need an upgrade at the 6. Go forward with CCJ as the 8, but hes clearly not a Tyler Adams style player.

Midfield was an issue all season, and Im not sold on Sean Davis who is 26/27 and has only looked like a solid player when paired with a generational talent.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, CCJ is not a great player by any means.  Hoping he gets better as he gets older though.

Davis is limited.  Muyl is limited in the same ways.  Both shouldn't be starting although I can tolerate Davis a bit more.

We aren't going to see that much turnover though.  The players I think that are guaranteed to be goners are Murillo, Sims, BWP, and Lade.   Some people suggest selling Murillo but I can't see anyone buying him.  Sure he's talented, but so are a lot of players.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

My guesses at 1st team changes. 

Players not returning:

Released - Robles Lade Etienne Beze Mines BWP

Sold - Taxi Long Murillo Kaku

Loan ended - Sims

I think they let go of Robles in order to start Meara, who will prob make 300k less than Robles does/did. The saved cap space will give them plenty of flexibility in theory. Taxi Long Kaku and Murillo sold to teams somewhere else, and all 4 get their wish. In turn, the team will prob get ~$2.5m in GAM (if the CBA stays the same). Beze Mines all surplus to requirements. I think BWP is offered a substantially lower contract, simliar to what the team gave SWP. He refuses and is then released. He then plays for Phoenix in USL-C.

50/50 whether or not Rza comes back. I don't mind him staying, but he just can't start a lot of matches. 20-25 gms max. Isn't too expensive. Toss up, imo. Was here at $450k or thereabouts. $950k the season before. 

Players remaining (3 int'ls, 1 GC):

Meara Louro

Parker Tarek Duncan Nealis Buck

Royer Valot Casseres Muyl Davis Omir Koffi 

White Barlow Jorgen$en

------------White

----Royer/Omir/Valot Muyl

-----Casseres Davis

??? Tarek Parker Duncan

------------Meara

Pretty much agree on this.  They should really look into 3331

RZA keep because he can play 3 positions.  

Valot is a wildcard.  Guy can play - all depends on how he comes back from this 2nd injury. 

I think they bring in LOTS and LOTS of youth (worked well with CCJ; Jorgen$en not so much)

Left back - if they believe in Tolkien I think they just bring him in; Tarek as LB if needed (not in favor just speculating. Nealis as CB back up.  

They also had a few academy kids from the new directors previous job. 

I think they sign them and then find a few others and go FULL DALLAS with Royer being the only player over 30.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Taxi4Taxi

Taxi4Taxi

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Arsenal

Immediate changes;

Out
Bwp (done)
Murillo (done)
Bezacourt (not good enough for mls)
Lade ( not good enough for mls)
Kaku (wants out; cash in)
Lawerence (not the same player anymore.. too old)
Royer (time to cash in)
Valot (injury prone)
Rza

In
Stroud
Yanes
Tolkin
Lema
Rito

W need to find 2 two way mids that can pass and hold the ball

Outside of Tolkin, not sure I'd bring in any of the II guys. Maybe Stroud instead of Valot/Beze but the rest have really faded down the stretch. Rito is good but not good enough to use an international slot on.

Taxi4Taxi

Taxi4Taxi

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Arsenal

The team needs a lot of new talent, and even if you keep a bunch of the guys currently on the team, I don't want them automatic starters next year. Davis, Muyl, and White are great but having them all as starters is not good enough. Parker really regressed this year but hope he can bounce back. Barlow is older than Muyl and White. He's serviceable as a third forward but not as a starter.

Keep: White, Rza, Davis, Casseres, Long, Kemar, Omir, Royer, Tarek, Meara, Kaku, Duncan, Robles and BWP (on reduced money)

Doesn't really matter, maybe keep as depth: Muyl, Buckmaster, Barlow, Louro, Koffi  

Shop and sell for the right price: Murillo, Etienne, Parker, and maybe Jorgs 

Cut: Hamlett, Armas, Lade, Nealis, Epps, Valot, Beze, Mines

I'm okay resigning Mines to a NYRBII contract in hope he develops but the kid has been bad for the most part in the USL this year. Same with Jorgs. I hope Lade stays in the organization as a youth coach, II player coach, or club ambassador but I think his injuries and the rising tide of MLS have placed him on the outside looking in.

I think Robles might have to consider losing the starting job. Hopefully Meara can step up. If you can get the right price, sell Parker and/or Long bring in a new centerback. I think Kaku is for sale for the right price too. I want to bring back Sims but I'm not sure how interested he is in that. If he doesn't return, the team needs a new right wing unless Omir steps up big time. Need a new, much better rightback as I think Murillo is mentally gone. Also, I want to bring in a star striker so B White and BWP are great backups instead of every game starters. Lastly, the team needs a proper backup leftback so we don't tear Kemar to shreds over the course of the year.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
My Spanish isnt great but I think Kaku just posted on twitter and I think it says thanks for th good times we had together...

If he goes we take 2 steps back and I have no faith in the FO to take 3 forward.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

My Spanish isnt great but I think Kaku just posted on twitter and I think it says thanks for th good times we had together...

If he goes we take 2 steps back and I have no faith in the FO to take 3 forward.

Just an end of season message, wouldn't read it as a guaranteed "I'm leaving" note.

Transfer window opens in 6 weeks, Kaku is not that high on anyone's list to have guaranteed himself an exit at this point. He could well leave, just saying that this tweet isn't a meaningful sign of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users