#1 kikkoman1231

kikkoman1231

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Supports:Hawks/Fire/Sox

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

Looking forward to hockey, curling, biathlon, and cross-country skiing..

What events are you looking forward to and which athletes have caught your eye? Discuss.

#2 TheRedGrobar

TheRedGrobar

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Partizan, Asteras Tripolis

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

well we took world juniors, will it be a clean sweep this year?

#3 Eiki

Eiki

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:29 AM

very much looking forward to hockey, as well as any sport that the swedish women's contingent will be participating in.

#4 Jason

Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:49 AM

I will be rooting for atractive women in all sports regardless of nationality. The US had a surprising number of hotties competeing.

#5 Vertigone

Vertigone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, geography, chess, rugby union, football, road cycling, ice hockey and other sports. I probably support too many football clubs, but traveling a lot does that to you.

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Looking forward to nothing.
“It’s not the creed nor nationality that counts. It’s the man himself” - Willie Maley

Do you know football?

#6 Chicago4ever

Chicago4ever

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, beer, games, ... , ... ,
  • Supports:UIC, FIRE, RAMPAGE

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

hockey, curling, speed skating, Ski jumping (GO MALYSZ), figure-skating and snowboarding...
Posted Image
actually I always watch everything...its the Olympics you need to watch everything!
DJ

The KNIGHTS are coming!

#7 eplnfl

eplnfl

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, USMNT

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

Really love it all. I look forward to the whole experience. Hardly bothered with the FA Cup today. Go USA!

#8 kikkoman1231

kikkoman1231

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

I will be rooting for atractive women in all sports regardless of nationality. The US had a surprising number of hotties competeing.

Canada's contingent made me jizz in my pants!

I can't wait for ice hockey to start (tonight!) It may be the women's, and there's no checking, but it will be interesting to see the women play on NHL size ice. Perhaps we'll see more cycling and hopefully the refs will let some physical play go.

I don't know why, but curling is probably one of the most exciting winter sports. I think this is the case because the spectators are always on edge and even the competitors show so much emotion with the screaming and all.

Also, the biathlon and cross country skiing are very interesting events. After watching a Bud Greenspan Olympic documentary and understanding both sports somewhat, it becomes increasingly exciting to watch, rather than an enigma.

#9 j to the jeremy

j to the jeremy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

Some indoor flares going on at that opening ceremony
http://www.nytimes.c...MONY_index.html

I'm looking forward to the hockey, lots of local players in that one, and luge, although not because that dude died..

#10 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

I now want to do the ski and shoot event. that was rad.

#11 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

I now want to do the ski and shoot event. that was rad.

No. You should never have a gun.

#12 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

I always love the Olympics and this year is no different. I watch as much as I can and so far this year for the most part I haven't been disappointed. The only thing that is disappointing is how they still can't properly score figure skating. WTF, is it that damn hard? I get the same frustrations from Gymnastics in the summer Olympics. But I still love watching all the sports. Can't wait for Hockey to start!

#13 joey

joey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire and the arsenal

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:18 AM

in olympic hockey, you can just keep sending the same guy out there in shootouts?! :blink:

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

"I don't approve of your methods."
"Yeah, well... you're not from Chicago."

http://peterlowry.ytmnd.com/

#14 SirWiggle

SirWiggle

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, The Fire, beer, and the Fire

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

in olympic hockey, you can just keep sending the same guy out there in shootouts?! :blink:

The way understand the rule is that you need to have three different shooters go first. If more shooters are needed then you can use anyone to shoot the remaining shots.
I AM A FAN OF THE CHICAGO FIRE. AS SUCH I BELIEVE YOUR TEAM IS INFERIOR TO OURS IN EVERY SINGLE WAY. IN FACT, I HEARD THAT YOUR TEAMS FANS COME FROM LOW-INCOME NEIGHBORHOODS AND HAVE HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH FAMILY MEMBERS. IN CONTRAST AND IN SPITE OF ACTUAL EVIDENCE I BELIEVE THAT YOUR FANS HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A FAIR AMOUNT OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY INVOLVING LIVESTOCK. OUR SUPPORTERS GROUP'S POWER OF RHETORIC IS SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN YOURS. IN FACT OUR FANS HAVE HAD A ROMANTIC INTERLUDE WITH YOUR GOALKEEPER'S WIFE IN WHICH FELLATIO WAS PERFORMED FORTHWITH OVER A PERIOD OF HOURS. WE THEN PAID HER FOR HER SERVICES. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INFORM FANS THAT OUR SUPPORTERS GROUP CONSUMES LARGE AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL AND NARCOTICS IN AN EFFORT TO SHOW HOW POWERFUL AND FRIGHTENING WE CAN BE IN AN EFFORT TO INSTILL PSYCHOLOGICAL FEAR AMONG OPPOSING PLAYERS.

#15 kikkoman1231

kikkoman1231

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

The way understand the rule is that you need to have three different shooters go first. If more shooters are needed then you can use anyone to shoot the remaining shots.

This is right under IIHF rules. See Jonathan Toews - 2007 World Jr. Championships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users