128 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If we lose at Seattle (highly likely) and Montreal wins at home to Cincy (also highly likely), well be only 1 point clear of being below the playoff line. Granted we have a game at hand on them, but last night was a massive 3 points to blow.

We also end the season in Montreal where I'm pretty sure we always suck so that should be fun.

Legit think we can lose all of the 5 remaining games.

Fun fact for everyone, the Devils and the Red Bulls have never missed the playoffs in the same year. Looks like that might be changing this year.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

We also end the season in Montreal where I'm pretty sure we always suck so that should be fun.

Fun fact for everyone, the Devils and the Red Bulls have never missed the playoffs in the same year. Looks like that might be changing this year.

We are 1-7-2 all time in Montreal, including CCL and playoffs. Our last win there was in their inaugural 2012 season.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Come on!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

We are 1-7-2 all time in Montreal ... Our last win there was in their inaugural 2012 season.

http://www.metrofana...l&YEAR=0&HOME=2

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Come on!

We suck on the road and have to play in Seattle, Portland and Montreal. Seattle is trying to get the 2nd seed in the west and Portland needs wins to make the playoffs. Montreal might need a win to get in as well.

We have Philly and DC at home and Philly is trying to win the east and DC is trying to get home field in the first round.

You just watched this horrid Colorado game and think it's really that unrelastic to think we may lose all 5 of these games?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

We suck on the road and have to play in Seattle, Portland and Montreal. Seattle is trying to get the 2nd seed in the west and Portland needs wins to make the playoffs. Montreal might need a win to get in as well.

We have Philly and DC at home and Philly is trying to win the east and DC is trying to get home field in the first round.

You just watched this horrid Colorado game and think it's really that unrelastic to think we may lose all 5 of these games?

You can make a legitimate case that we lose all 5 of those games individually, but its highly, highly unlikely we actually lose all 5 and end this campaign on a 7 game losing streak. Who knows, maybe the team totally implodes after the Colorado debacle, but its not likely. Id probably bet on us going 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 in the final 5. FWIW, FiveThirtyEight still has us at 94% to make the playoffs.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

You ... think it's (unrealistic) to think we may lose all 5?

Anything is possible. I am just trying to be optimistic,
especially since I might be at all 5 games.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Anything is possible. I am just trying to be optimistic,
especially since I might be at all 5 games.

I should be at all except Montreal.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Still think we end up in the 5 or 6 spot.  But this is going to be a nervous 5 game stretch.  Colorado at home was supposed to be our easy pickup.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Still think we end up in the 5 or 6 spot.  But this is going to be a nervous 5 game stretch.  [VAN at home/CLB at home/MTL at home/ORL at home] and Colorado at home was supposed to be our easy pickup.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Lose all 5 but somehow make the playoffs.
DC knock us out
NYCFC win cup.
Armas and Hammet pay raises

Excellence Not Expectations

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I'd guess LLTWL, although part of me just wants a full on implosion to guarantee Armas' firing.

I could also see the team somehow turning it on for Philly at home.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Pasting from the COL thread:

I could see us lucking into 4th, winning at home in the 1st round, then somehow beating NYCFC at Citi Field before meekly losing at ATL.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

based on what Robles said Saturday nite post game in the locker room, there won't be much luck involved, what with the amount of effort and focus given on the pitch. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
We are doing a massive rope a dope

Bobby Warshaw MLSsoccer
I'm interested to see how much teams will fear Red Bulls in the playoffs. Last year, Atlanta wanted to no part of the Red Bulls' press. Does anyone fear the Red Bulls like that at this point? The answer is no, and that should work in Red Bulls' favor. If teams decide they can pass against Red Bulls, then Chris Armas and co. actually have a decent shot of getting to MLS Cup. If they don't, and Red Bulls are forced to drop deeper and either counter or build from their own half, they need to get more pace on the field.

Red Bulls often get stuck in their own half because they can't cause problems in open-field transition. Josh Sims has shown moments in his first two games. If he's not the answer, I'd play the 3-3-3-1 and get Kemar Lawrence farther up the field (I'd play the 3-3-3-1 anyway)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users