Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

That is the reason I want to face RSL.
Petke will be even more of a legend,
If he leads a 6th-place team to MLS Cup.
I would not want him to to win, though, at RBA.

Let's not forget that Gio's team is also in the playoffs. We have 2 former "Stars" coaching in the p/o's for other teams.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Gio's team is also in the playoffs. ... 2 former "Stars" coaching in the p/o's for other teams.

Who from RB fired him in 2007?
https://www.frontrow...s-give-lessons/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Who from RB fired him in 2007?
https://www.frontrow...s-give-lessons/

The worst part was that they replaced him with Armen Simoniants, who put on his resume that he was the head coach of the MetroStars reserve team from 2000-2003, when in fact he was an asst coach who was fired by the MetroStars. So 2 weeks after firing Gio and hiring Simoniants, they fired Simoniants (again) for lying on his resume. Pathetic that they couldn't even do their own due diligence on a former employee for their own club.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

The worst part was that they ...

So, who?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

So, who?

Technical Director Jeff Agoos and Sporting Director Bruce Arena. Signed off from Marc de Grandpre.

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Technical Director Jeff Agoos and Sporting Director Bruce Arena. Signed off from Marc de Grandpre.

Gio said: It just came from a person who just did not understand about soccer. He had no idea about what the connection is between a player and a club, had no understanding of the importance of being in that position ... He came from a different world that was difficult to understand what soccer was. It was very difficult to work with a person like that. I was not going to accept this person ... with his approach to the game.
How could this be Goose or Bruce?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Gio said: It just came from a person who just did not understand about soccer. He had no idea about what the connection is between a player and a club, had no understanding of the importance of being in that position ... He came from a different world that was difficult to understand what soccer was. It was very difficult to work with a person like that. I was not going to accept this person ... with his approach to the game.

Did I miss that Marc de Grandpre signed off or did you?

Call the Red Bulls. I'm sure they will give you the HR Director's phone number from 2007. Then you can discuss how Gio Savarese lost his job and ask why he didnt mention this person by name in the press.

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Did I miss that Marc de Grandpre signed off or did you?

YOU said Agoos and Arena!
Signing off means that he approved THEIR actions.
Does MdG still have a role on the soccer side?
http://www.espn.com/...994982/headline

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Maybe Gio only saw Bruces stints here and with the 2017 USMNTs...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Maybe Gio only saw Bruces stints here and with the 2017 USMNTs...

That I could believe.
But, it would be a heck of a call out.
Worth doing it by name.
Needed ESCfanatic: WHY did you fire Gio?

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I thought he was fired because red bull wasnt producing players that would be good enough for the first team. Agudelo and lade might be the onLY players from savarese youth teams that are still playing soccer. However, savarese would prob say that his tenure was a success due to the amount of games and trophies red bull won.

The youth success we have now is mostly thanks to the improvements made by roxburgh (coaching and facilities) curtis and marsch (improved pipeline structure).

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

is there any importance in having our academy players called up for YNT duty (doesn't matter the country)?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I thought he was fired because red bull wasnt producing players that would be good enough for the first team. Agudelo and lade might be the onLY players from savarese youth teams that are still playing soccer. However, savarese would prob say that his tenure was a success due to the amount of games and trophies red bull won.

The youth success we have now is mostly thanks to the improvements made by roxburgh (coaching and facilities) curtis and marsch (improved pipeline structure).

David Najem is the only other I can think of. Not sure Lade or Agudelo actually overlap with Savarese; they both joined in 2007 and he was already out by March.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

is there any importance in having our academy players called up for YNT duty (doesn't matter the country)?

This is a problem. It highlights or over hypes certain prospects who could get picked up by a euro team on a free transfer.

Red bull lost olusonde that way.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Gloster left for Hannover after a FIFA YNT tournament. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users