• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Hard to get excited about this. CB is by far our strongest position.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Even if Parker is gone?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Hard to get excited about this. CB is by far our strongest position.

if we are going to be a development club the replacements for key pieces need to be in early so you groom them before you need them.  Long and Parker arent young and arent committed here long term.  Can't have CB situation turn into the replacing BWP situation.  after two attackers wanted a CB more than even a left back.  Our system doesnt work if the CBs are very good.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Even if Parker is gone?

Then it makes a bit more sense but I see no reason to get rid of Parker.  I think CB is one of the positions in this league you want steady players with some MLS experience to them.  What makes a good CB I believe is the little nuances that a kid probably won't know when it comes to MLS.

Hope I'm wrong, that's just the way I see it.  I'm frustrated they are messing with the strength of the team.  That's basically the one thing we do well.  ANd outside of when Armas was coach, Parker has been a great player for this team.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Then it makes a bit more sense but I see no reason to get rid of Parker.  I think CB is one of the positions in this league you want steady players with some MLS experience to them.  What makes a good CB I believe is the little nuances that a kid probably won't know when it comes to MLS.

Hope I'm wrong, that's just the way I see it.  I'm frustrated they are messing with the strength of the team.  That's basically the one thing we do well.  ANd outside of when Armas was coach, Parker has been a great player for this team.

Even if its to balance the team out? Aaron Long + anyone is a better tandem than most MLS teams.

Nealis showed marked improvement last season, Tarek is sometimes error prone but good for a spot start, and Reyes is the high upside youth international.

Ill be more upset if they trade Parker and commit another international spot to a CB without receiving one in a trade or getting some guys green cards.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Will wear #4 per the team app...which also shows Ben Mines as still on our roster, but removed Parker...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Our first signing of the season, guaranteed to knock our socks off...

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Have no recollection of him playing for Miami whatsoever. He's still a young player so maybe chalk up his struggles last year to Miami being a dumpster fire last year. But still I think it's undeniable it's a downgrade from Parker now, we'll see how Reyes develops. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Miami played more on the back foot last year in a deeper shell if i remember correctly.  FB ref added some scouting elements to their site and it makes Reyes really look like a RB style player.  The system may work really well for him, and put him in a position to do the things he is better at.

97 percentile in pressure rate, 96 in successful pressure, 78% in tackles won.   Parker for context is 82% in pressure rate

Needs to work on discipline as we know bottom percentile.  Also completes 86% of his passes (middle of the pack), compared to Parker's 76% (bottom percentile)

https://fbref.com/en...Scouting-Report

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
So Andres Reyes should have been a DP last season. Inter Miami got punished pretty significantly for not disclosing Reyes and Matuidi as DPs: https://sbisoccer.co...ation-concludes

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Apparently Reyes was part of Miami's roster violations last year?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If nothing else, this man is pure entertainment.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

If nothing else, this man is pure entertainment.

I wonder if he could match Cichero's achievement of getting a card from the bench.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Cichero and Branco. 

Team legends. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Inter Miami got punished pretty significantly for not disclosing Reyes and Matuidi as DPs: https://sbisoccer.co...ation-concludes

Funny money hurts their ability to build out the middle of the roster, but a serious punishment for having FIVE (!!!) DPs and underreporting salaries on multiple other players should involve taking away DP spots for multiple seasons. Say cap them at 2 for the next 3 years or something.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users