75 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,933 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Kaku's 'obvious replacement' from RBFOs perspective, Caden Clark might get poached by Juventus before the season even starts...

https://www.espn.com...r-league-soccer

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Kaku's 'obvious replacement' from RBFOs perspective, Caden Clark might get poached by Juventus before the season even starts...

https://www.espn.com...r-league-soccer

starting cam Omir Fernandez

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Wonder what Leipzig thinks of all that if there really is a clause in Clarks current MLS contract saying he'd otherwise move there at the end of 2021.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Clark can't move to a foreign club until he's 18, and he turns 18 in May. This is a non-story until the summer window.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
And theres no way RB sends their planned golden boy to Juventus before he can even make an impact on RBL. This is a non story

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Juventus is monitoring him along with hundreds of players as most clubs do total non story he isnt going to Italy

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Don't care as long as we get paid. He won't be here for long no matter who ends up buying him.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

He is young & talented but I think he needs more time on our first team especially now that Kaku is being shown the door. I think that he should play a minimum of 2021 & 2022 seasons here. That is what Jozy  & Tim Howard did. Showing his talent like Tyler Adams would only increase his value and insure that he sticks with main club like Juventus and not shipped out on loan to lesser team.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Red Bull can go to Clark and his agent and family and say, "you can go the Miazga route and end up at a big team that doesn't give a shit about you, or you can go the Tyler Adams route." And I think that's going to be a very convincing point. 

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Red Bull can go to Clark and his agent and family and say, "you can go the Miazga route and end up at a big team that doesn't give a shit about you, or you can go the Tyler Adams route." And I think that's going to be a very convincing point. 

After listing to Clark's dad on that Scuffed podcast, I think that point is understood. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,024 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Or they can hope to follow the Weston McKennie route.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

By signing with a mid-table team and building his way to Juventus? Yeah maybe. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

The Weston McKennie route was not to go to one of the big Euro teams. He started at Schalke, a mid-table team, and made his way up.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I bet the hope on Caden's end is to stay in RB system until after 2022 WC. Move to Leipzig in 2021 on the day he turns 18. He'd be 20 in 2022 so thats when I'd guess you'd try to punch above your perceived weight.

Doesnt really matter for RBNY because I think he's gone in the summer. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

I bet the hope on Caden's end is to stay in RB system until after 2022 WC. Move to Leipzig in 2021 on the day he turns 18. He'd be 20 in 2022 so thats when I'd guess you'd try to punch above your perceived weight.

Doesnt really matter for RBNY because I think he's gone in the summer. 

I agree with this last statement. If Clark is still here at the end of the season we are in bonus time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users