177 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What a strange structure to the loan, never seen the receiving club with the option to extend. If Sims is killing it and Southhampton wants him back, can they just end the loan or do we actually have the power to keep him here through 2020?

I'd say that this is good because it gives us flexibility in bringing in a new DP over the summer if Sims doesn't play well, but that's kind of a moot point when we still have an unused DP spot in addition to Sims.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

It is good that Sims is back.  A midfield with Kaku in the center and Sims and Royer on the wings is actually pretty good.  The issue is who will play in front and behind them.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Absolute bare minimum.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Red bulls gonna cheap. Can't wait to see the international signing we been told is coming for weeks now.

LONG LIVE METRO

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Red bulls gonna cheap. Can't wait to see the international signing we been told is coming for weeks now.

Dont confuse cheapness with incompetence.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

This was it.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Positive signing, but we gets Sims for the most insignificant part of the entire season, could easily wind up being the full season though, but if he bounces mid season this will be a total fail of an experiment.

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Barca, Millonarios, AFC A2

This will put asses in the seats

You're a fucking monkey.
QUOTE (NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
What a coup! A half-season loan! Consider my gob smackd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,427 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Absolutely a great way to structure the deal, assuming the option is entirely ours.   That said... yawn

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,819 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

A half season loan.. LOL cheap fucks. Dumb fucks.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Yawn is right. In a vacuum its a good move, it would look better if I had any confidence in more being done

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We have the option to extend? Do we have that little faith in our major offseason move that we have to put in a contingency in the deal to have an out? Yuck. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

excited!

He was good for us last year hope for better this year!!

No shame in not being able to crack the 18 for a team in 9th (9th!!) place in the EPL.  1 over Arsenal

Still want another 1 player at Sim level + another 1-2 Young DP prospects. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Don't hold your breath.

RED. BULL. OUT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users