Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
The owner of Orlando City definitely sounds as if he knows what he's doing. Sounds like a real pro outfit down there, judging by his interview on MLS Extratime Radio.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Ominous rumblings in NYTimes goal blog from what must be Beiersdorfer re RB's commitment to soccer.

Let's hope it's just chatter and not the beginning of some belt tightening.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

Ominous rumblings in NYTimes goal blog from what must be Beiersdorfer re RB's commitment to soccer.

link?

Thought that Beiersdorfer wasn't part of RB anymore?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Im on a mobile, you can google it or go to nytimes, sports, soccer, goal blog, etc.

#2 of 5 things for MLS.

And, yeah, I refer to all of RBNY-Austria as Beiersdorfer, regardless of what anyone's actual name is.

Easier that way.

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

link?

Thought that Beiersdorfer wasn't part of RB anymore?

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/

Meanwhile, Back in New York On the other side of the United States, the Red Bulls remain an enigma poured inside a can of energy-drink elixir. There have been whispers that some of the corporate honchos back in Salzburg, Austria, are questioning the company’s commitment to its teams in Germany and the United States, and academies in Ghana and Brazil. After all, Red Bull is all about action and extreme sports, and there has been nothing extreme about the performance of its soccer teams.

On the other side of the Hudson River, M.L.S. Commissioner Don Garber (a native of Bayside, Queens) keeps talking up the league’s proverbial 20th team, a k a the Cosmos. The English predator Paul Kemsley is out of the picture (was he ever really in it?), supplanted by the Saudi outfit Sela Sports. It is not the only group pursuing a team and a stadium somewhere in the five boroughs (Knightsbridge in the Bronx, Greenpoint in Brooklyn, Aqueduct in Queens, West Side and/or Javits Center in Manhattan … perhaps with a brief stay at Citi Field in Flushing). This minuet shows Garber at his political best as he plays three sides against the middle, talking up expansion to places like Las Vegas, Atlanta and Orlando, Fla. The M.L.S. brain trust knows that a rivalry in and around N.Y.C. will focus some much-need attention on the game and the league in the country’s biggest media market.

Nothing conclusive
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

Im on a mobile, you can google it or go to nytimes, sports, soccer, goal blog, etc.

#2 of 5 things for MLS.

And, yeah, I refer to all of RBNY-Austria as Beiersdorfer, regardless of what anyone's actual name is.

Easier that way.

Hmmm.

Upstate Jason

Upstate Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, #RedBullOut

I have a hard time giving NY Times any MLS credibility when it (almost predictably) concludes the article with this gem: "The league again this season has tweaked its playoff format, adding a play-in game and expanding to a 10-team postseason."

Amerisnob

Amerisnob

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Supports:Cosmos, Metro, PAOK

The owner of Orlando City definitely sounds as if he knows what he's doing. Sounds like a real pro outfit down there, judging by his interview on MLS Extratime Radio.

Oh yeah, he does. They definitely deserve to be #20 over anyone else right now. But there's no way that team with an attendance of around 6000 is making that much. I mean, they're listed as making 1 million euros less than San Jose. And Rochester's on that list too, and they've gone waaaaaay downhill from their Open Cup win. Nope. No way any of this is real.

EDIT: Proof this website is all bs, here are the consolidated financial statements of PAOK (note: its a PDF and its in Greek). The site lists their revenue at 10M Euros. PAOK had that on ticket sales alone, with a total revenue of 23M Euros last year.

narthuro

narthuro

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
The revenue streams of an MLS club can be broken down into seven categories (taken from this):

• Tickets
  • Premium Seating
  • Concessions and Merchandise
  • Exhibitions and Events
  • Advertising and Sponsorships
  • Stadium Naming Rights
  • SUM Distribution

I would guess that RBNY makes more than the league average in terms of tickets, premium seating, and sponsorships; the average in merchandise (since that money is distributed across the league equally), SUM money, and exhibitions and events (though it depends on how much the club was paid for that Emirates Cup appearance, and how much the club saw from the All-Star Game...).

Sponsorship and stadium naming rights are sort of a strange situation, due to the shirt and stadium sponsors being the team owners. How much would those be worth in the open market? It's hard to pin down what fair market value on the naming rights at the Arena would be, but it would probably also be higher than the league average.

FC Red Bulls

FC Red Bulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
FC Zenit Saint Petersburg makes a lot of money in a crappy looking stadium. (20th)

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

I have a hard time giving NY Times any MLS credibility when it (almost predictably) concludes the article with this gem: "The league again this season has tweaked its playoff format, adding a play-in game and expanding to a 10-team postseason."

Did they regain credibility when they confused Knightsbridge, London with Kingsbridge, Bronx?

Knightsbridge in the Bronx

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

Did they regain credibility when they confused Knightsbridge, London with Kingsbridge, Bronx?

Ha. I go past that station every day.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
How could Austria be thrilled with any of their soccer teams? They aren't setting the world on fire. With that said, Red Bull's invested a lot of money and I think it will take another 2-3 years of poor results (or when Henry's contract runs out), before they would seriously consider selling the team.

When they announce the building of an academy / training facility is the day we can be sure they will want a long term ownership. Until then, who knows.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

How could Austria be thrilled with any of their soccer teams? They aren't setting the world on fire. With that said, Red Bull's invested a lot of money and I think it will take another 2-3 years of poor results (or when Henry's contract runs out), before they would seriously consider selling the team.

When they announce the building of an academy / training facility is the day we can be sure they will want a long term ownership. Until then, who knows.

FWIW they were working on building a facility out in Morris County for a while, and had a deal struck with the township until the township tried to squeeze another million for "traffic redesigning" at the last minute--thus killing the deal.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
if they do cut teams/organizations, I think RB Brazil and Ghana are first. I think we, Salzburg, and Leipzig stick around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users