34 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

FWIW they were working on building a facility out in Morris County for a while, and had a deal struck with the township until the township tried to squeeze another million for "traffic redesigning" at the last minute--thus killing the deal.

Talk of a training facility goes back 10 years... talk of Hanover or Pequannock.

Like I said, when a training facility is announced is the day we have our answer.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
RBNY isn't going away anytime soon. "Whispers" are basically unfounded opinions.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

How could Austria be thrilled with any of their soccer teams? They aren't setting the world on fire. With that said, Red Bull's invested a lot of money and I think it will take another 2-3 years of poor results (or when Henry's contract runs out), before they would seriously consider selling the team.

When they announce the building of an academy / training facility is the day we can be sure they will want a long term ownership. Until then, who knows.

I don't suspect even the slightest hint of RB not being here for the long run. But I disagree with all of this logically - the investment in a training facility is a meaningless rounding error in the total investment here is no indication one way or the other. Same for Henry's contract - if they want to sell, Henry's contract has value and having it makes it easier to sell.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club

if they do cut teams/organizations, I think RB Brazil and Ghana are first. I think we, Salzburg, and Leipzig stick around.

It depends. I feel they would be more comfortable operating teams out of their own backyard. Of all the teams they own, Leipzig and Salzburg have been the most successful. A few more mediocre seasons and they may seriously consider selling the team. Our operating budget is way more than both Brazil and Ghana combined and if they're tightening their belts, this may look the best to cut. I don't know if it's worth all the money they pump in just to have their energy drink associated with a mediocre soccer team.
"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Ok If they sell who buys? Whoever buys will need to have very deep pockets. David Beckham please pick up the white courtesy phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users