• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

Metro dummy

Metro dummy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Red Bulls soccer, the joke is on us.

Yea Hamlet is pretty much an empty shirt.  He will speak the words that are written for him. 

But still, can't the bosses in Austria bring us at least one good player, so many positions need help, just one player, I mean like 1 good player.  Weather from South America, North America, Europe, Asia or anywhere else, but at least one good player this year.  I don't think it's a lot to ask for to this billion dollar company, is it?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yea Hamlet is pretty much an empty shirt.  He will speak the words that are written for him. 

But still, can't the bosses in Austria bring us at least one good player, so many positions need help, just one player, I mean like 1 good player.  Weather from South America, North America, Europe, Asia or anywhere else, but at least one good player this year.  I don't think it's a lot to ask for to this billion dollar company, is it?

1 player isnt enough and we shouldnt settle for that.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Dude stop complaining. This team has won three shields in the last decade yet our fans still whine. We should be happy with Red Bull as the owner because it could be way worse.

/s

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I think this is the core issue of what is driving the recent fan angst.

For years, Red Bull appeared to be only one big splash signing away from winning a championship, yet they always left a DP spot open and never made this acquisitions.

Now they have gone full moneyball (which doesn't work btw, the Oakland A's never won shit) and are embracing guys like Buckmaster while the other teams are bringing in better talent.

The prospects who have put in hard work deserve spots on the first team, but at the end of the day they are still prospects. They aren't skill players. Skill players are the guys that win teams championships.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If we get one every year, and they produce for several.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

It isn't and we shouldn't, but signing 1 starter this offseason would at least be an improvement over the current situation...

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Players under the cap don't cost ownership anything, correct?

Then at this point we can't possibly be at the cap so not signing guys must be on Hamlett.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Dude stop complaining. This team has won three shields in the last decade yet our fans still whine. We should be happy with Red Bull as the owner because it could be way worse.

/s

Hey I shouldnt complain about this tiny baby arm growing out of my head because I used to have a giant baby arm growing out of my butt!

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Players under the cap don't cost ownership anything, correct?

Then at this point we can't possibly be at the cap so not signing guys must be on Hamlett.

Yes, and even a few players above the cap don't cost ownership anything with TAM. Nobody has yet, but there is zero room for this current FO to blame the cap or other MLS rules for any lack of movement.

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Done, Hamlet addresses it during the draft.

Funny , but sadly you may be right

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I concur with this thread.... Where are the signings
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I concur with this thread.... Where are the signings

I thought this thread split was more about the insults.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I thought this thread split was more about the insults.

Son of a bitch!

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I'm starting to buy into the Hamlett is clueless argument.  Even if you assume that Red Bull is doing things on the cheap, Hamlett still has to find cheap players/players available on a free.  He's not even doing  that.  

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

I'm starting to buy into the Hamlett is clueless argument.  Even if you assume that Red Bull is doing things on the cheap, Hamlett still has to find cheap players/players available on a free.  He's not even doing  that.  

Agree.

Literally me with no idea what to do could make somethings happen.

Step 1

https://www.transfer...ragslosespieler

Step 2 email agents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users