• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

for those that watched reserve league games, whats the deal with this guy?  I remember him coming on vs. Lyon last year and looking lively.  If anything the least he can offer is fresh/fast legs off the bench.  MLS still is at the stage where guys with zero talent can at least give their teams something with speed and grit.  

I bring him up b/c I'm still suffering from the eye infection Bover game me via the TV yesterday. 

edit: mods please update the title to "he get* instead of "get get." thx

5 year plan

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

He showed really well during reserve games. No clue what the rationale is. He probably would have been better than Bover yesterday because he would have killed off the clock at the end of the game. Also, Obekop is so young still that he has a few years of development before we have to consider whether or not he will ever develop into a player capable of making an impact (2 years younger than Bover, almost 4 years younger than Christianson).

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Probably because he's not very good. Akpan also looked very good in reserves. After yesterday's mess, I wouldn't blame Petke for going with Obekop - or anyone - instead. But it's probably just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He showed really well during reserve games. No clue what the rationale is. He probably would have been better than Bover yesterday because he would have killed off the clock at the end of the game. Also, Obekop is so young still that he has a few years of development before we have to consider whether or not he will ever develop into a player capable of making an impact (2 years younger than Bover, almost 4 years younger than Christianson).

Obekop's obviously got more raw athleticism than Bover, so what's holding him back is probably tactical.  I don't think we can reliably say he would have done anything smarter than Bover on any play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users