Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats

Negative.

Sabaton and Iced Earth are playing the Best Buy theater in Times Square this Friday night. Cheifs can no longer make the show (grrr) so it looks like I have an extra ticket......

Best Buy Theater to me is still the highest quality venue in the city but they have jacked up their concession prices as of late.

I was there on Thursday night and water used to be like $3, now its $5.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

Anyone going to Governors Ball?

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Anyone going to Governors Ball?

No, but I am going to Firefly.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
All the festivals have exactly the same lineups.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
Sabaton was fucking awesome!!! Cheifs made the show!

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

Best Buy Theater to me is still the highest quality venue in the city but they have jacked up their concession prices as of late.

I was there on Thursday night and water used to be like $3, now its $5.

$6 beer drafts seemed reasonable and the 2 working water fountains were cold and free with no lines.....

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

$6 beer drafts seemed reasonable and the 2 working water fountains were cold and free with no lines.....

It was $8 for a can of beer when I was there.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Best Buy Theater is an OK venue, but it's SOULLESS. You have to go through Times Square? Fuck that. 

I've seen good shows there, but to say it's a good venue... you'd have to be someone who usually enjoys arena shows. 

I am however pumped that I have tickets to the American Football reunion show on October 11

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I don't like Nokia/Best Buy as a venue.  Down to a basement, low ceiling, sitting on risers?  WTF? 

There are dozens of theaters in the NYC area with good acoustics.  I didn't find it better than others.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN

Just purchased tickets to Black Label Society and Down at starland tomorrow night. gonna kick ass.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Joey Cape is doing an acoustic set in Brooklyn on September 23rd. A buddy of mine and I are going. I can't wait to hear him do some acoustic stuff live. 

EDIT: Just in case you may not know who Joey Cape is, he's the lead singer of Lagwagon (one of my all-time favorite punk bands). Here's him doing an acoustic cover of "Violins," which is the perfect break-up song:

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

I don't like Nokia/Best Buy as a venue.  Down to a basement, low ceiling, sitting on risers?  WTF? 

There are dozens of theaters in the NYC area with good acoustics.  I didn't find it better than others.

Considering it used to be the Loews Astor Plaza, one of the single screen movie theaters from the old Times Square days, the low ceilings are to be expected. 

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Sasha and Dubfire are the best artists for Zoo so far. Decent trance lineup on Saturday as long as you stay away from the main stage until AvB's set.

Its also pathetic that Dmitri Vegas and showtek are on the main stage at all.

#RedBullOut

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Sasha and Dubfire are the best artists for Zoo so far. Decent trance lineup on Saturday as long as you stay away from the main stage until AvB's set.

Its also pathetic that Dmitri Vegas and showtek are on the main stage at all.

I love Sasha. I would also love to see PvD and Benassi as well. Saturday looks like the best day to go. I'm not a huge fan of Knife Party (bring back Pendulum, fuckers!!) and I could definitely do without David Guetta.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Yeah I've become allergic to a lot of the main stage commercial big room stuff after EZoo12. Hoping to see Pryda friends added to the lineup with the next phase. I dd get ABGT100 tickets for the garden. I expect that lineup to be stacked.

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users