#16 eplnfl

eplnfl

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, USMNT

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:03 AM

Thinking of it. Business write off as I see it.

#17 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:22 AM

Thinking of it. Business write off as I see it.

Buy a table! Seriously though, this year I would like us to get to three tables.

#18 redmaynard

redmaynard

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

Buy a table! Seriously though, this year I would like us to get to three tables.

Can't make the lunch...already booked to be in Vegas that week....

#19 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

Can't make the lunch...already booked to be in Vegas that week....

THAT sucks.

#20 RedandWhite

RedandWhite

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Arsenal FC

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

THAT sucks.

Allegedly

#21 redmaynard

redmaynard

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

THAT sucks.

What sucks is that I lost my job right after the RSL game...money being tight, I was told I wasn't allowed to go on this trip...so, it doesn't suck.

:cheers:

#22 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

CHICAGO, IL (Feb. 11, 2010) – The Chicago Fire Foundation, the charitable arm of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, has announced that prominent Chicago sports anchor Jim Rose of ABC 7 Chicago will serve as the Master of Ceremonies for this year’s 2010 Fire Season Kickoff Luncheon, to be held on Wednesday, March 24 at the Swissotel Chicago. The 2010 Fire Season Kickoff Luncheon begins at 11:00 AM CT, with the lunch and the formal program to begin at 12:00 PM CT. The Chicago Fire Season Kickoff Luncheon allows fans the chance to meet Fire head coach Carlos de los Cobos and the entire Fire team, all in the name of raising money for the Chicago Fire Foundation.

An avid soccer fan, Jim Rose is the sports anchor and reporter for the top rated ABC 7 weekday newscasts at 4 and 6 p.m. He joined ABC 7 Chicago in 1982. Previously, from 1977-82, Rose served as a weekend sports anchor and play-by-play reporter at WIXT-TV in Syracuse, N.Y. During this time, he also hosted and produced "Sportsweek Nine", a weekly sports magazine, and WIXT's "The Halftime Report." During his college years, he worked as a sports anchor at WPRO-TV in Providence, R.I. (1975-77).

Rose began his career in sports broadcasting while serving in the U.S. Army, acting as sports director for AFN-TV in Berlin, West Germany (1973-75). He has won several awards for his work, including the 1981 Best Sports Story Award from the Syracuse Press Club for his "Sportsweek Nine" segment on the Sugar Ray Leonard/Larry Bonds title fight. The Syracuse Press Club also honored him in 1980 for Best Reporting Under Deadline Pressure, and in 1979 for Best Sports Story.

Rose serves on the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Club of Chicago. He earned a B.A. degree in Mass Communications from Rhode Island College in 1977.

“The Chicago Fire Foundation is very fortunate to have a local sports icon like Jim Rose as our emcee for this year’s event,” said Frank Klopas, Fire Technical Director and President of the Chicago Fire Foundation. “His passion and dedication to soccer will help make this the premier event to kickoff the Chicago Fire's 2010 Major League Soccer season.”

The 2010 Chicago Fire Season Kickoff Luncheon presented by Ticketmaster will be held Wednesday, March 24 at the Swissotel Chicago. Don't miss the first opportunity of the season to meet the entire 2010 Chicago Fire team including our new head coach, Carlos de los Cobos. The event will include a reception, lunch and silent auction, which includes Fire and other sports memorabilia, gift certificates and much more! Proceeds benefit the Chicago Fire Foundation, the charitable arm of the Chicago Fire. Click here to download the order form or call the Foundation at 708-496-6740 for more information.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#23 skunx

skunx

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

Count me in

#24 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

Bump. We want to sell three tables this year. URS have committed to doing one themselves. We should really be able to fill two more. It's a good time, great chance to mingle with players and staff, and we're selling the tickets at a discount for you to help you go.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#25 dpm

dpm

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

Would anyone who has attended the luncheon in the past couple of years care to share some thoughts and/or quotes about the event for an article on the s8c home page? If so, PM or otherwise contact me.

#26 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

Would anyone who has attended the luncheon in the past couple of years care to share some thoughts and/or quotes about the event for an article on the s8c home page? If so, PM or otherwise contact me.

I might be able to give some. :cheers:

#27 Barrakouba

Barrakouba

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Apples

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

I'm so excited that I FINALLY get to go to the luncheon! I'm just tacking one more day onto my vacation to NYC for the opener. WOO-HOO! :cheers:

#28 Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:The Chicago Fire
  • Supports:U R S

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

I'm so excited that I FINALLY get to go to the luncheon! I'm just tacking one more day onto my vacation to NYC for the opener. WOO-HOO! :cheers:

I hope you are planning on staying in Chicago overnight.
Rumor has it that there is some drinking done after this luncheon.
Ask the VP of communications for the Fire.

My past experiences at Kickoff luncheons....

Unbelievable player/coach/front office access, ability to ask any person related to the Fire any question you might have.
Get autographs, chat, and pictures.
Awesome silent auction items.
Not a formal event. Some people in suits and some in jeans.
and after that the
First Unofficial drinking event of the season.

Really just a good time and perfect way to end the off season blues and start up the year.

#29 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

We have to finalise our table purchase for the Fire in the next few days, so if you want in -- and seriously, it's worth it -- please buy on the store in the coming days. Or, bring cash or a check tomorrow to the board meeting tomorrow for the discounted price of $60.

We're hoping to book three tables for the first time!
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#30 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

Go! It's not stuffy and formal, it's fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users