• Please log in to reply
2751 replies to this topic

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Well allocation cash is not fixed, it does change through out the year based on deals that happen going forward and trades. 150K in allocation cash isn't that much all things considered. If spending that amount was the difference between keeping DeRo and not keeping him, it is hard to argue that theinvestment is not worth it.

The real issue is DC's other Designated Players are pants. In fact no other team has had a string of worse fucking DP's in the DP era than DC United. It is a huge reason they have sucked since 2008.

Emilio turns into a DP then shits the bed, Gallardo turns out to be a oft injured turd, Boškovic isn't even DP worthy and nothing to write home about, and this new guy Salihi....probably gonna be a turd as well.

you're absolutely right, but all things considered, for us DeRo was NOT worth that much. like i said in my original post, $150K+ in allocation got us Cooper and Conde, so that is a pretty sizeable amount to spend on just one player to water down their salary to non-DP

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

you're absolutely right, but all things considered, for us DeRo was NOT worth that much. like i said in my original post, $150K+ in allocation got us Cooper and Conde, so that is a pretty sizeable amount to spend on just one player to water down their salary to non-DP

I would beg to differ. A guy that can hit for double digit goals AND assists in MLS is ALWAYS worth an additional 150K allocation. If we had decent management that didn't insist wrongly on him "not fitting" here he could have done the same here. Hell his stats per games played for us when he left were pretty impressive already.

Not sure why, "for us" he wasnt worth that. Its well established Soler and Backe screwed the pooch big time on that trade with DC.

Not sure where you came up with idea a $150K allocation got us Cooper and Conde. I would like to know in all honesty.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Agree. Must be on purpose.

It has to be, which is the part that truly disgusts me. It's not like we get into fights down there or behave poorly. It's unbelievable how little thought they've given the supporters on this. In a league that struggles to fill stadiums, you think they'd get the little things right.

Maybe they are just scared for our health in RFK stadium. They figure if more than 100 people are in the upper section the whole shithole will collapse.

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:" I love me some me" - Terrell Owens
  • Supports:RedBull New York
Heh.

Posted Image

So many teams have gone aggressive / rivalry-heavy / snarky for marketing this off-season. Hurts my heart that RBNY hasn't.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Heh.

Posted Image

So many teams have gone aggressive / rivalry-heavy / snarky for marketing this off-season. Hurts my heart that RBNY hasn't.

No offense, but that is a fail on their part. Why would you want us to emulate that?

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Some ideas to pass on:
Philadelphia Union:
"Shocking Truth - the town where they actually play is a bigger shithole than Philly"
"Pure stupidity - they unloaded their 2 best players in the off-season"
"Fact: Ugliest supporters in the league"

D.C.:
"Their stadium is falling apart so they want to hide in ours"
"The city wants to knock down their stadium to build a practice facility for the Red Skins"

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

D.C.:
"Their stadium is falling apart so they want hide in ours"
"The city wants to knock down their stadium to build a practice facility for the Red Skins"

How about: "Ben Hurl*: Their coach throws up everytime he watches them play."

* A play on the MLS article from today. What happened to The General? :lol:

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:" I love me some me" - Terrell Owens
  • Supports:RedBull New York

No offense, but that is a fail on their part. Why would you want us to emulate that?

Because I have a sense of humor?
It's a ticket brochure, not the Dead Sea Scrolls. Have some fun at a rival's expense. Its sports.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Because I have a sense of humor?

It's sports.

Exactly.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

Snarky marketing requires a marketing department

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Snarky marketing requires a marketing department

They don't do snarky marketing in the NBA.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

They don't do snarky marketing in the NBA.

The NBA doesn't assume that it needs to force feed rivalries down its fans throats to get them interested in a game.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I could care less what the marketing dept. of an irrelevant, piece of shit club like DC Scum has to say about pretty much anything. The only thing DC Scum are good for is providing something pathetic to point and laugh at.

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

Heh.

Posted Image

This is a blip.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Welcome to 2012!

90'+3' goal
Goal! D.C. United 0, Sporting Kansas City 1.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users