Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

Posted Image

Real Madrid sign Dutch striker Van Nistelrooy
MADRID, July 27 (Reuters) - Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy will join Real Madrid from Manchester United on a three-year contract, the Primera Liga club said on Thursday.
The deal is reported by Spanish media to be worth around 15 million euros ($19.12 million). The 30-year-old striker scored 150 goals in 219 appearances since joining United for a then British record fee of £19 million ($35.39 million) in 2001.
He is Real's third signing under new president Ramon Calderon following on from Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson, and will link up with former Manchester United team mate David Beckham.
Van Nistelrooy put in a transfer request two weeks ago and both Real and Bayern Munich had been competing to secure his services for next season.
He will take a medical on Friday and is scheduled to be presented at the Bernabeu at 1700 GMT.

#2 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Live Slow, Die Whenever
  • Supports:Slap & Pickle FC

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

:(

#3 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

That'll be the biggest move they make. I don't see them buying anyone of real importance. Maybe Carrick but that's about it.

#4 stagnant1

stagnant1

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:25 PM

That'll be the biggest move they make. I don't see them buying anyone of real importance. Maybe Carrick but that's about it.

interesting...a hidden message, illuminati?

#5 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:02 PM

So far we're getting linked with Javier Mascherano and Michael Carrick.

I'll be happy if we land both.

New Kit

Posted Image

#6 frankiefresh20

frankiefresh20

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Maiden, ManU & the G's
  • Supports:Man U & the G's

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:12 PM

Come on you Reds!

#7 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:41 PM

Setanta reporting they bought Carrick from Tottenham:

Carrick to United

17 Million seems a bit steep.

#8 Paranoid

Paranoid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy + Trojans

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:01 PM

Setanta reporting they bought Carrick from Tottenham:

Carrick to United

17 Million seems a bit steep.

isn't that the defense that Wenger uses when people ask why he doesn't have more brits on his squad....he has to pay 17million for someone like carrick...

I'm not saying he sucks, i just figure thats a lot.

wait 17million pounds or euros?

#9 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:48 PM

Tottenham Agrees with Fee

Michael Carrick looks set to complete his protracted move to Manchester United from Tottenham after the clubs agreed a fee.

Carrick has yet to agree personal terms with the Old Trafford outfit but should have a medical on Monday.

A club statement said: 'Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur can confirm that they have agreed terms for the transfer of the registration of Michael Carrick conditional upon the player agreeing personal terms with Manchester United.

'He shall also be required to pass a medical that will take place on Monday.'

Kinda expensive. Hope we still get the Argentine Dual of Tevez and Mascherano.

#10 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

knew it was going to happen but to actually see it is kinda sad. later on ruud.

Posted Image

#11 Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

I was over the shock of this as a possibility about 3 weeks after last season and has pretty much looked at this as a 'when' and not an 'if' throughout the summer.

I'm thrilled to see that he went to Madrid over Bayern because I loved watching him with Beckham. His crosses combined with Ruud up front is something we didn't see enough of the last time they were paired up together. I don't think I'll be missing many Real matches this season as long as they start him and don't use him like they did Owen.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

#12 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

with fat ron getting fatter by the hour, I can see them using Ruud to his fullest...I have a feeling they'll like him more because of his size...

as for the uniforms, I'm not so much a fan of this year's kit...I'm sure it will grow on me, but too much white!

very sad to see ruud leave here is his reason why...

Ferguson was reason I left United-Van Nistelrooy
By Mark Elkington

MADRID, July 28 (Reuters) - Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has said the breakdown of his relationship with manager Alex Ferguson was the reason for him seeking out a move to Real Madrid from Manchester United.

"My relationship with Ferguson had ended which was very painful. He did a lot for me, waiting for me while I was injured then giving me the chance to play and giving me confidence," Van Nistelrooy told a news conference at the Bernabeu on Friday.

"I finally decided my time was over after the (League) Cup final," he said. "That was when I became unhappy. It had nothing to do with the club or the fans. It was the relationship with the manager that broke. I thought it was best to leave."

STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#13 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:59 PM

It did seem like both Ruud and Becks were better when they played together...maybe it was the chemistry...maybe time...we'll find out next month.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#14 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:48 PM

United turn to Senna as Inter snap up Vieira

Senna - Brazilian-born, Spanish-nationalised - yesterday confirmed talks had taken place over a possible transfer and, although he announced on Villarreal's website his commitment to his current employers, reports in the Spanish press last night claimed that the 30-year-old had agreed personal terms with United.

#15 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:13 PM

I rather go for Mascherano, he might be a little more, but he's way younger and possibly has more talent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users