JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

DC!

That is all. 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I've never really seen DC do anything at all since I started watching 6 years ago, so I never really care much about them. Nothing ever seems to happen between us either, pretty friendly atmosphere. Not going to downplay the past, just want to share a younger fan's perspective for you all.

NYCFC I just cannot stand, because they actually have more fans than us and it's amazing that they come out of the woodwork for an EPL shill team suddenly. More of a joke of a fan base anyway - enjoy your baseball stadium.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I've never really seen DC do anything at all since I started watching 6 years ago, so I never really care much about them. Nothing ever seems to happen between us either, pretty friendly atmosphere. Not going to downplay the past, just want to share a younger fan's perspective for you all.

NYCFC I just cannot stand, because they actually have more fans than us and it's amazing that they come out of the woodwork for an EPL shill team suddenly. More of a joke of a fan base anyway - enjoy your baseball stadium.

Sadly, this is part of our reality.    History is history, but you need a personal connection for it to be truly meaningful.    My hatred for Chicago has waned of late, but it was founded in the JCO trade and ensuing nightmare era, which coincided with my start as a serious fan.   

My personal hatred for DC was cemented in that horrific 2009 GS game, when we gave up the lead and lost the game on 2 goals conceded in stoppage.   I knew about the rivalry before that, but never felt it personally until then.    And I never enjoyed the rivalry more than the magical Peguy-showcase playoff game at RFK, alongside 1,800 or so of my closest friends.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Rivalries evolve.  Happens in a bunch of sports.  Safe to say that DC is the oldest rivalry, but I think NYCFC is going to be the biggest rivalry.  If it isn't the biggest rivalry already.  Geography has a lot to do with that.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Speaking of offside, Earnie Stewart was as off-fking-side as you can get. Still mad @ that schizz. DC can fuck off, now & forever.

I'll hate NYCFC for being ignorant morons, but they are like little children. Not even old enough to know what they are talking about; it's hard to get riled up to hate a 7 year-old brat more than an actual adult.

I've hated NE the franchise, but their fans we either got along with or didn't care about, since they were generally pretty quiet/docile. Aside from the 2009 incident that ended up with us getting maced by their security guards- who refused my request to have us board the busses in a remote lot and lead to a melee. Boycotted their stadium for like 4 years after that one.

I stopped hating Chicago once they got John Guppy for a team president. No ill I can wish their way will ever top having to answer to that d-bag. Their stadium is way out of town, and irrelevant, as are their fans of late. I feel sorry for Dax having to go there. That franchise used to be great, now it's an after thought. We'll see if they come back to relevance. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

I would not wish for a repeat of some of the events that occurred in the past between our fans & the D.C. scumbags. But, I am not going to forget them, either.

NYCFC I just cannot stand, because they actually have more fans than us and it's amazing that they come out of the woodwork ...

You're probably correct, due to the proximity. DC were our closest rival, prior to Philly & FC, and derby matches bring out the emotions like no others.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

I've hated NE the franchise, but their fans we either got along with or didn't care about, since they were generally pretty quiet/docile. Aside from the 2009 incident that ended up with us getting maced by their security guards- who refused my request to have us board the busses in a remote lot and lead to a melee.  

No fan of NE franchises, but I've always respected the Midnight Riders. They've never been quiet or docile, IMO. However, their leadership & OGs made a conscious decision not to be antagonistic to other SGs, and credit to ESC originals, that friendly rivalry was accepted & reciprocated. It would not have taken much, for a DC-like animosity to develop. On many occasions, trouble was averted when SG leadership took the time to explain the nature of our rivalry and chilled out those who wanted to brawl.
OTOH, we've always had problems with Rev security & the Foxboro Police, who were actually the ones who maced GSU, including a disabled vet in a wheelchair, arrested one of their female members, and jumped a black ESC member who was just standing there next to me. No MRs were involved in that incident. It was some off-shoot bunch of hooligan wannabes, who I hope have disbanded.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
MR's hate TeamOps and the Taxachucetts State Gestapo as much as anyone and for good reason. We deal with their bullshit like once a year, they have to deal with it 24/7.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

MR's hate TeamOps and the Taxachucetts State Gestapo as much as anyone and for good reason. We deal with their bullshit like once a year, they have to deal with it 24/7.

Don't forget RB NE corporate a-holes, who called police & security when our buses had the temerity to park next to their shindig, resulting in several ESCers getting detained & missing the game.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Everything about New England sucks, the traffic getting out of that place, security, the field. I havent been back there since the playoff game and I have no desire to ever go there again unless it's a game that's really meaningful.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Speaking of offside, Earnie Stewart was as off-fking-side as you can get. Still mad @ that schizz. DC can fuck off, now & forever.

I'll hate NYCFC for being ignorant morons, but they are like little children. Not even old enough to know what they are talking about; it's hard to get riled up to hate a 7 year-old brat more than an actual adult.

I've hated NE the franchise, but their fans we either got along with or didn't care about, since they were generally pretty quiet/docile. Aside from the 2009 incident that ended up with us getting maced by their security guards- who refused my request to have us board the busses in a remote lot and lead to a melee. Boycotted their stadium for like 4 years after that one.

I stopped hating Chicago once they got John Guppy for a team president. No ill I can wish their way will ever top having to answer to that d-bag. Their stadium is way out of town, and irrelevant, as are their fans of late. I feel sorry for Dax having to go there. That franchise used to be great, now it's an after thought. We'll see if they come back to relevance. 

It still baffles me, to this day how on earth they didn't call that. BAFFLING. I remember being in the stadium that night just dumbfounded. Watched the replay over and over, and still didn't, and don't get it... I still fucking hate Earnie Stewart.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

They do? The crowds they draw at Yankee Stadium isn't as much as we get at RBA, I don't think...  

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

They do? The crowds they draw at Yankee Stadium isn't as much as we get at RBA, I don't think...  

Apparently they averaged about 7k more a game than us last year.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Apparently they averaged about 7k more a game than us last year.

They definitely draw better, it may not look or sound like they do, but that's because their "stadium" and fans suck.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Honestly i don't really care about NYCFC as a team but their fans are really the worst. Shit like that letter to Orlando City for having shitty security drive me insane. They are like the brats of the MLS. They keep doing all this fucked up shit and then wonder why nobody is going to jump and hand them over a new stadium. Their fans make me hate that team. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users