610 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Sporting Lisbon apparently imploding and just lost a bunch of their top players on a free. Any chance we can pick up some of their lower rated players on a free / on the cheap? I don't follow the Portuguese league but I think Freddy Montero is still there. Not advocating to sign him but maybe someone like him.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Sporting Lisbon apparently imploding and just lost a bunch of their top players on a free. Any chance we can pick up some of their lower rated players on a free / on the cheap? I don't follow the Portuguese league but I think Freddy Montero is still there. Not advocating to sign him but maybe someone like him.

Seydou Doumbia was my #1 favorite Fifa 14 player, if that matters. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Un other news... Guy that I mentioned months ago... Yimmi Chara Portland's Diego Chara brother, speedy winger that can play AM, CAM and second striker... Went to Atlético Miniero for irrc 6 $million...

Not that there was interest but it goes to show that the type of players that Imo would be MVP here are in NYRB price but they're slacking..

https://youtu.be/2XfEprt7ELo

Feast your eyes on the vid above.. I love highlight reels.. If you do to you might like this one
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
I like to make suggestions and I love seeing suggestions other people make in this thread cuz it's random guys, guys I haven't heard of at times... So at worst I look a guy up and see he's talented and if he's teams playing on TV I watch and get entertained...

I hope though that NYRB sign two guys that can score in the clutch this summer window... I know Jesse Marsch likes the 4231 but in the dying minutes of the in a game who cares if he goes out of his comfort zone and maybe goes 4132 or 442 as long as two guys that can score or help score get on the pitch....

Imo i know he was brutally hurt but Orlando Berrío would be great for NYRB.. He can play out wide opposite Royer ir up top next to BWP... He makes clutch goals, he's on Flamengo roster byt hasn't played yet.. Might as well take him off their hands till the end of the season... Win win for both clubs... Same for his teammate Marlos Moreno

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
I feel like for a while I've been too rational and putting out names that are too viable like Yimmi Chara and Marlo Moreno and Orlando Berrío and Jorge Carrascal,and Juan Garro...

Let's switch it up...

How about NYRB go after The foxes Ahmed Musa!!!!!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Feel like we should have tried harder to get Lebron as a third DP

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Is anyone from Toronto available? Dumpster fire of a club that will probably be in selling mode soon.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Is anyone from Toronto available? Dumpster fire of a club that will probably be in selling mode soon.

Will Michael Bradley take an RBNY II contract?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Macnelly Torres would be a good super sub for NYRB... With this system that NYRB play he isn't a natural fit but with this same systems NYRB don't have a creative player to break down opponents that just sit back park the bus....

Having him come in when NYRB are winning to spell Kaku or to come in for a Davis or whoever they start on the right would be great. Cuz he cab come in and give much better service to BWP then even Kaku or Royer can.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Also I'd Add Marlos Moreno and Orlando Berrío.. And finally win the MLS Cup

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
So what are the needs right now?

I'd say:

- Valot replacement
- Bench striker (seems like this is always a need, unless they want to make Etienne that)
- Bench playmaking midfielder to sub Kaku off for (who has fallen in form as of late).

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Ivan is the Valot replacement. Olosunde is supposedly inbound.

And then there's Beppe Rossi. 

C+ if those are the moves for the window. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

That would be a disappointing signing window for a team that's only a few pieces away. Let's hope they're just keeping Operation Third DP well under wraps until their target is all locked up.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

That would be a disappointing signing window for a team that's only a few pieces away. Let's hope they're just keeping Operation Third DP well under wraps until their target is all locked up.

agreed

Third DP, I'm hoping, will be a young and fast playmaker, that fits hi press system, ad is great 1v1 and can score and also set others up.....

Then hopefully they can get a CAM that even if he isn't the fastest guy or great at a lot of things can score and or really good at putting into the box

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Is Pussetto watch over?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users