151 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Id really like to see these two sometime in the next few weeks.

White-BWP (or Barlow)
Kaku
Royer-Sims
CCJ
Taxi-Long-Parker-Muyl
Robles

White
Royer-Kaku-Davis-Sims
CCJ
Taxi-Long-Parker-Muyl
Robles

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
We played with one center mid vs NYCFC and they ran wild on us. If they didn't hit the post 3 times it would have turned into a laugher. We absolutely cannot expect to have one central mid and win

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We played with one center mid vs NYCFC and they ran wild on us. If they didn't hit the post 3 times it would have turned into a laugher. We absolutely cannot expect to have one central mid and win

Team looked great till we stopped pressing.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
What's the odds we can get Petke to strictly be the backline coach ans coach these guys up and get him to light some fire under their asses
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Team looked great till we stopped pressing.

I'll do you one better.. I think with Bezecourt and Cassares and Rzat plus Davis is on the bench... (Also consider Kaku, Royer now Sims and Omir also on the bench)

This squad is more equipped for a 433 than a 4231 this brings people closer to BWP
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

100% need to win this 

CRapids lost to RSL on Sat:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-yGinbX1Wwk

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

CRapids lost to RSL on Sat:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-yGinbX1Wwk

It was a crazy ending. Controversial handball penalty in extra time. 2 goals in stoppage time. Red card.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,577 posts

Apparently Bobby Warshaw saw Brian White in a boot at Yankee Stadium.

Needs for this game

- Win

- Sims play very well and contribute (looked promising on that untacked pinstriped  carpet)

- BWP get a freaking goal.  MLSsoccer commentator Charlie Davies said coming back from extended absense that as a striker it likely takes you at least 3 games of 60-70 minutes apearances to get and get rid of the rust and match fitness levels when coming back from injury) even beyond all the sub appearances.  

- Back line to get there S together. 

Maybe bring in Bobby Knight to scream at them? 

Or show them stat that ATL is at 13 shutouts for the year with 6 games left to our 16 from last year.  

- play Murillo 1 more game.  Need to get his head straight.  Not great by him but Morales is the size of and as tricky as Tyrian Lannister

Royer-BWP (assuming BW still hurt)
Kaku
RZA-Sims

CCJ
Taxi-Long-Parker-Murillo
Robles

- HIGH PRESS THE WHOLE GAME.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Brian White in a boot at Yankee Stadium.

Not a golden one ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Well...clearly we aren't gonna finish top 3. It is big for us to finish in the 4 spot to get at least 1 home game for the playoffs. This game HAS to be a win.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Definitely keep playing Murillo over Buckmaster for the rest of this season. 2020 is a different conversation but with 6 games left, Buckmaster isn't going to become great offensively overnight. There's a better chance Murillo wakes up (yes, I know we've been waiting all year for that). The difference defensively is not necessarily in Buckmaster's favour either.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I didn't get the chance to watch the last ~30 min of the NYCFC game, where did Sims fit in on the field?

The formation Armas has used the last two games hasn't used traditional wingers in the midfield which is what I figured Sims' natural role was.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Basically played where Muyl was but it was hard to get a great feel because the game had changed at that point.   I'll give him credit, he looked good.  Plays a very linear, immediate style which fits with the system perfectly. Similar vibe to Kaku in getting the ball forward and almost rushing the offensive play and that's a good thing.

Can't imagine him staying though...  This season isn't going to finish well and the coach isn't very inspiring.  The aura around the team will be all negative when we've had our worse season in years.  

He's a clear asset though.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,965 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Basically played where Muyl was but it was hard to get a great feel because the game had changed at that point.   I'll give him credit, he looked good.  Plays a very linear, immediate style which fits with the system perfectly. Similar vibe to Kaku in getting the ball forward and almost rushing the offensive play and that's a good thing.

Can't imagine him staying though...  This season isn't going to finish well and the coach isn't very inspiring.  The aura around the team will be all negative when we've had our worse season in years.  

He's a clear asset though.

being where we were situated in the upper deck, you got to see what he could possibly offer under ideal conditions. 

When he had the ball, he looked smooth on it, despite the shitty field conditions. Doesn't looked jacked, so might suffer a bit from the physical play, but I liked what I saw. Some flash, but I liked how his mind worked, pushing the ball along. Not bad from a debut under those circumstances. 

Now he'll get to see what it's like when 10k are at RBA w/o any buzz from the stands, cuz it's Colorado. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

being where we were situated in the upper deck, you got to see what he could possibly offer under ideal conditions. 

When he had the ball, he looked smooth on it, despite the shitty field conditions. Doesn't looked jacked, so might suffer a bit from the physical play, but I liked what I saw. Some flash, but I liked how his mind worked, pushing the ball along. Not bad from a debut under those circumstances. 

Now he'll get to see what it's like when 10k are at RBA w/o any buzz from the stands, cuz it's Colorado. 

AT RBA Sims will have at least an additional 600 square yards in which to operate down that right side as compared to Yankee Stadium!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users