GUNSLINGER

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy. Club America. Inter

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:31 AM

spill ur knowledge!!!:

anyone watch the WEC card on the versus network last night?

two instant classics in the two main events.

oh and how weak was the elite XC bullshit on cbs. whack!

kimbo is still cool tho. cuz he's a beast!

#2 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

oh and how weak was the elite XC bullshit on cbs. whack!

kimbo is still cool tho. cuz he's a beast!

I caught it at a bar in woodland hills. thought Kimbo was getting beat right up until the other guy's ear fell off.

can't argue with the draw though. the entire bar was fixated on it.

#3 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

I caught it at a bar in woodland hills. thought Kimbo was getting beat right up until the other guy's ear fell off.

Yeah here in Toronto we watched it at some 3 story bar and everyone was rooting against kimbo. He sucks ass. The stiff he bought lost only because of his ear

With that said, FUCK MMA! Boxing Rules

PS: I'll probably never post in this thread again, so dont bother responding

#4 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

i thought it was cool. the fights were nasty. and it's better than boxing to me already... especially cause it was free. at least as the draws like kimbos are free i'm in.

kimbo is a beast but yeah...he was almost done in round two.

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#5 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy & USA

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

How was the card for EliteXC? How did my girl Gina Carano do? I heard they penalized her purse because she couldn't make weight. My crew wanted to watch the fight but the bar wouldn't put it on because they feared people would get too rowdy from watching the fights. WTF?
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Halfway around the world and I can't get away from you guys?!?!"

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

GOATS NEVER, GALAXY FOREVER!

#6 GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

boxing doesnt come close to MMA as far as excitement.

How was the card for EliteXC? How did my girl Gina Carano do? I heard they penalized her purse because she couldn't make weight. My crew wanted to watch the fight but the bar wouldn't put it on because they feared people would get too rowdy from watching the fights. WTF?

the elite xc card wasnt any good. but gina carano is fuckin hott and she beat some ass!
she missed weight by 4 lbs. so she had to split her purse with her opponent.

in the robbie lawler fight, he acciedently poked his opponent in the eye. he said he was fine, and seemed ready to go, but the doctor stopped the fight. which sucks b/c it was shaping up to be a real war. after the match, elite xc announced that they'd pay both fighters their winning purse.

#7 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy & USA

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

I confess to being a noob and casual fan of MMA. I've been watching fights on and off for the past year and a half so I may not be knowledgeable as the rest of ya. One complaint I have about MMA is when they go down the ground grappling. They can be on the ground for the longest time while they punch or try some maneuvers. Gets old after a while.

Oh, some obligatory Gina Carano pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Halfway around the world and I can't get away from you guys?!?!"

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

GOATS NEVER, GALAXY FOREVER!

#8 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

boxing doesnt come close to MMA as far as excitement.

Is that why people pay $59.99 to watch a boxing match and this Elite XC stuff is free?

I like the MMA fights but it will never come close to the excitement, monies and popularity boxing brings.

#9 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

Isn't she Crush on American Gladiators?
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#10 GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

Is that why people pay $59.99 to watch a boxing match and this Elite XC stuff is free?

I like the MMA fights but it will never come close to the excitement, monies and popularity boxing brings.

well those people should keep paying up and getting ripped off. when was the last time there was a truly exciting fight? when was the last time two fighters were willing to stand in the middle of the ring and go blow for blow? boxers get in there, take a few hits and then go home to get paid. do that in the UFC and you get cut out of your contract.

thats what makes MMA different. it's the mentality in most fighters minds. MMA fighters want to go out and put on a spectacle and a good fight.

elite xc was free b/c they arent a good promotion.

Isn't she Crush on American Gladiators?

yea she is.

#11 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:04 PM

Oh, some obligatory Gina Carano pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

She could "Crush" me anytime :lol:
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#12 Chicken Noodle

Chicken Noodle

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Female DJ's and B-Girls!
  • Supports:B Girls, Female DJ'S, Zankou!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

i thought it was cool. the fights were nasty. and it's better than boxing to me already... especially cause it was free. at least as the draws like kimbos are free i'm in.

kimbo is a beast but yeah...he was almost done in round two.

What? Are you kidding me? Except for Lawler and Gina's fight it was horrible. It looks like Gary Shaw and Elite XC's ploy to bamboozle the public into thinking that DUMBO SLICE is a good fighter worked. I can see how unknowing fans would think this garbage is good.

Put that clown into the ring against either of these guys and he'd get killed:
Posted Image Posted Image

I confess to being a noob and casual fan of MMA. I've been watching fights on and off for the past year and a half so I may not be knowledgeable as the rest of ya. One complaint I have about MMA is when they go down the ground grappling. They can be on the ground for the longest time while they punch or try some maneuvers. Gets old after a while.

Watch this guy and he'll change your mind about submission fighting:
Posted Image
The boogeyman is afraid of Chuck Norris. But before Chuck Norris goes to sleep, he checks his closet to make sure GEORGE PARROS isn't there.

xxxEDGExxx

Murderers Row=Shinya Aoki, Takanori Gomi, Manny PACQUIAO, Joachim Hansen, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Clay Guida, Gilbert Melendez, Kid Yamamoto, MACH Sakurai!

#13 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

I wanna see some fight mismatches, like the Japanese dude in the previous post against Kimbo Slice.
Or Verne Troyer against Kimbo Slice. Except give Troyer a flame thrower. Now THAT'S Mixed Martial Arts.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#14 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

What? Are you kidding me? Except for Lawler and Gina's fight it was horrible. It looks like Gary Shaw and Elite XC's ploy to bamboozle the public into thinking that DUMBO SLICE is a good fighter worked. I can see how unknowing fans would think this garbage is good.

Put that clown into the ring against either of these guys and he'd get killed:
Posted Image Posted Image

blah blah blah, same old argument. This is what, his 3rd MMA fight? Wow I'm surprised you don't want him to be in a title fight by now :)+ . If people are willing to pay him money to fuck some dude up, so what, get off his nuts. Let him get experience.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#15 GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

I wanna see some fight mismatches, like the Japanese dude in the previous post against Kimbo Slice.
Or Verne Troyer against Kimbo Slice. Except give Troyer a flame thrower. Now THAT'S Mixed Martial Arts.

i respect what MMA is now a days and how far it has come. but i'm with buck. as a little kid , i used to think of all the possibilities of such fights. maybe it was due to all those 80's movies about fighting.

did anyone ever watch that one where the fight in a cage, the promoters give them a certain weapon, oh and one of two partners gets his head chopped off?

or like in kickboxer where the fight with glass on their hands...yea that would be awesome.

the mismatches were why i used to watch ufc as a kid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users