129 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm not a fan of Tyler and Rza as the two 6's even though I think they are the two best of the 3 we have.  I just like Davis out there as one of them.

I still think Tyler on the right side with Rza and Davis as the 6's is our best lineup but Armas never goes back to that.  Rza is just so much better as a 6.  THe one game we tried it, (I think New England) just played route 1 soccer so Tyler never got to take over as much as he can up higher. 

I agree.  It's a good problem to have, but Davis is more physical than either of them, and we benefit from having him out there for balance.  Tyler's more athletic than physical.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Atl plays at 330 while we play at 1030, so we could have massive incentive tonwin this.

My lineup

BWP
Royer - Kaku - Rza
Davis - Adams
Taxi - Long - Parker - Murillo
Robles

Muyl was killer last match but against a poor San Jose team where we will see more of the ball Id like to see the more creative Rza play

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I haven't seen much of SJ this year but was reading that their defense is pretty slow, so hopefully they can exploit them with some speed. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

San Jose has the worst goalkeeper I've seen in MLS, full stop. Tarbell is not a professional quality player. Good game to get some cheap goals and get everyone's confidence up before the trip to Philly.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

San Jose has the worst goalkeeper I've seen in MLS, full stop. Tarbell is not a professional quality player. Good game to get some cheap goals and get everyone's confidence up before the trip to Philly.

The first tie-breaker for the Shield is Wins - ATL & RBNY both are on 19 now.  The second is Goal Differential - ATL is +27 & RBNY is +25.  Also, be a good game to make up some ground in GD in case we end the season tied on points.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Adams and Long have been called for the October USMNT friendlies. I wonder if Armas holds Adams out, to avoid any further injury problems. Davis and Rza shohuld be able to handle SJ.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

be a good game to make up some ground in GD in case we end the season tied on points.

To tie on points, ATL must lose at least once, while we tie once.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Only way to be sure is to win out. Gonna be a tough one since Philly will give us a game, and they know how to get a result from us, in that particularly annoying way. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Only way to be sure is to win out. Gonna be a tough one since Philly will give us a game, and they know how to get a result from us, in that particularly annoying way. 

Plus that game for Philly is going to be important for them since they will be trying to get home field for the knockout round. Definitely won't be an easy game.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Philly will give us a game

All the more reason for people to make their way to Chester on 10/21.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

BWP

Royer Kaku Rza

Davis Tyler

Taxi Parker Long Murillo

Robles

Muyl Derrick Ivan off the bench.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Wouldn't mind resting Long/testing Escobar in case he has to play at some point in the playoffs. San Jose is probably the best opponent for it.

Or at least give him 30 mins off the bench.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Historically, we don't get many results out in SJ. 

Since the 2008 re-birth. 6W 2D 1L at home, 1W 2D 5L away. in league play only 2 road draws, lone win was from '10 playoffs. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Lol at anyone thinking were gonna have a multi goal win vs. San Jose. Were coming off our biggest high of the season and flying all the way out west. Were gonna play down to our opponent and lose this game.

Yes, hold Adams out for San Jose. And tell the NT flat out no if you have to. Hes working with an injury and the playoffs are coming up.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Were gonna play down to our opponent and lose.

Sheesh! Think happy thoughts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users