• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Do we really need Collin anymore? I feel that with Murillo and now Escobar, Collin's days are numbered.

I think he's still our best defender.  It's good we have alternatives now, but the numbers show that when Collin plays, we do better and give up fewer goals. 

I think ultimately our best 3 man back line is going to be Long, Collin, and Escobar.   If not Escobar then Murillo.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Do we really need Collin anymore? I feel that with Murillo and now Escobar, Collin's days are numbered.

Assuming this year's fitness is a one time blip, yeah we definitely want him. He's top 10 MLS CBs when healthy and perfect how we play, Murillo and Escobar have a long way to go before proving that.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Umm yeah
Collin > Murillo especially as CB
Escobar unproven
Now in the offseason if things go igood then they have lot of leverage but right now just get people healthy and in tune

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I think that's one of the more impressive things about our recent run.

We are doing it without 2 of our top 5 players.  Taxi has probably been our best player this season and Collin is definitely top 5 on the team.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Rest everyone for the Open Cup.

I think the possibility exists that the OC game will be 8/16 depending who wins the minor league quarterfinal

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I think the possibility exists that the OC game will be 8/16 depending who wins the minor league quarterfinal

It's the 9th if Miami wins and the 15th if Cincinnati wins.

http://www.ussoccer....-cup-semifinals

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

I wish I seen the miles ran numbers but I don't think this formation requires as much running for a lot of the positions compared to others.

The two spots that have to move the most now are the two wing back spots.  Muyl and Adams have to cover the entire length of the field.   The two outside mids don't have  to run as much as they did in the 4-2-3-1 because they are pinched inside a bit more and can cover for eachother when it comes to getting back.   

Plus i think a lot of our backups are as good as our starters.  We know Taxi and Muyl can switch off at those two spots and we aren't going to see a huge dropoff anymore.  Adams is playing great and how young he is lets him bounce back.  Murillo can play that spot too so we should be OK there.  Those 4 guys just need to alternate starts at those 2 positions.

I think we go with a mostly high end lineup.  If Collin is back then definitely him instead of Zizzo.  Wouldn't even mind DP over Zizzo.

Sacha, Royer, and Felipe are probably our toughest to replace players right now. I'm not sure how we would look without any one of those 3 in this formation. Those 3 are the guys we have to find a way of giving a breather.  That said, they are also 3 of our players that don't tend to get tired much.  

---------------BWP--------

----Royer--Sacha--Davis

Taxi--------Felipe--------Adams

-----Zizzo--Long---Murillo

Put Mwheel in there for Adams at half time and let Mwheel start against Miami over Taxi on Weds.  No problem starting Etienne or Veron for any of these games.

Literally was coming in here to suggest this formation but would rather anyone over Zizzo. Villa would eat him alive. 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Literally was coming in here to suggest this formation but would rather anyone over Zizzo. Villa would eat him alive. 

Escobar? even though I feel Zizzo had a great game vs MTL

LONG LIVE METRO

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Hopefully Pirlo plays. Dude is practice cone. What a waste.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They lost 4:0 to Toronto. (What is it with all the 4:0 scores this weekend? Us, Toronto, Vancouver, Minnesota...)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Hopefully Pirlo plays. Dude is practice cone. What a waste.

you see Guovincos first goal today? He was one on one vs Pirlo and smoked him so bad. The guy is a total dinosaur.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Escobar? even though I feel Zizzo had a great game vs MTL

A Piatti-less MTL for the most part. By the time he came in it was 2-0 

you see Guovincos first goal today? He was one on one vs Pirlo and smoked him so bad. The guy is a total dinosaur.

Enjoyed Pirlo hiding behind the wall on the free kick. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Looked like he wanted to lift Brillant, rugby style.
https://www.mlssocce...l?autoplay=true

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

A Piatti-less MTL for the most part. By the time he came in it was 2-0 

Pirlo also looking like he was fixing te game by purposely hiding thus giving Giovinco an easy chance to score around the wall.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

---------------BWP--------

----Royer--Sacha--Davis

Taxi--------Felipe--------Adams

-----DP--Long---Murillo

For the OC  game, if on 8/9, swap Collin for DP.  The rest of that back link has an average age of 22 and can play 2 games on short rest.  Its the 3rd game v Orlando where they should really be careful.

I would be fine with Myul for Taxi and Lade, if healthy, Adams. in the OC game.

Felipe likes to play every game.  Royer and Davis can play back to back games.  

I would pull Sacha and BWP for Ettienne Veron at 60 minute or maybe vice versa.    

Anyone who plays significant time in the NYC and OC semi should get Orlando game off. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users