7 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So apparently the new player data has nicknames... and nicknames show up as the "preferred name" when they exist. Check out these gem:

bla0.jpg

It's also clear that they changed their stat provider, because all historical assist totals have been reduced. For example, Sacha's 20-assist season, which was a huge milestone, is now 16:

https://www.mlssocce...kljestan/stats/

If they want to count assists differently going forward, fine, but to change history?

Just complete nonsense.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Good thing we have this site right?  :cheers:

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
I was looking at the stats the other day and thought that the assist numbers looked low.

Switched to just primary assists?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

I was looking at the stats the other day and thought that the assist numbers looked low.

Switched to just primary assists?

I think so.

It's fine going forward. It's not fine to change history.

Shot totals are completely off as well, but that's less important.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Good thing we have this site right?  :cheers:

Absolutely. Can't live without it. I need my MetroFanatic.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Jebus, the more I dig into this, the worse it gets.

Tony and a bunch of others are apparently as old as Jesus...

bla2.jpg

Mathis did not play for "New York Red Bulls" in 2000, which is technically correct, but he didn't play for any New York club at all, just for the Galaxy (even in the playoffs!)

bla1.jpg

Gio scored 14 goals in the 1996 regular season, not 13... (it looks like for all players at least through 2010, they are adding regular season and playoffs but also have a secondary line for playoffs?)

League should be ashamed of itself.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Jebus, the more I dig into this, the worse it gets.

Tony and a bunch of others are apparently as old as Jesus...
bla2.jpg

Mathis did not play for "New York Red Bulls" in 2000, which is technically correct, but he didn't play for any New York club at all, just for the Galaxy (even in the playoffs!)
bla1.jpg

Gio scored 14 goals in the 1996 regular season, not 13... (it looks like for all players at least through 2010, they are adding regular season and playoffs but also have a secondary line for playoffs?)

League should be ashamed of itself.

Let's hope they didn't switch to who the USL uses.

If so, it will get worse. The stats change each week during the season before the next match and rarely get fixed back. Good news for players who see red cards is they usually get full 90 minutes of play. Also half the stat trackers do things differently (halftime = 45min played). Some do subs as 46th minute but their systems must be triggered to give who comes on at half 44 minutes, rather than the correct 45, in that case. Sometimes they give the same player two stat lines (i.e. Barry Sharifi and Barakatulla Sharifi sometimes both got credit for games, sometimes just one would. Took months to fix).

I have been keeping track of the USL stats since 2015 in the "easy" metrics (Jersey Number, Games Played, Started, Minutes Played, Goals, Assists, Yellows, Reds, lineups, etc...). Its scary how different they are.

Shots and Shots on Goal I relied on USL's site. They changed many players 3x (that I know of) since the season ended.

It's nice to have the in-depth stats, but it means little if they can't get the basics right.

All this being said, there are probably a handful of us that even give a care about this so very rarely does anything get changed to the correct stats.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Wtf?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users