1063 replies to this topic

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Were folks singing that tune last year when we finished with the best record in league history?

Did we have the 2nd lowest payroll in the league?

Also how can you expect you have depth when you don't spend. I remember people where screaming for some depth on the back line, then oopps kemar goes down...

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Actually I keep forgetting that we DID spend money this year.  A team coming off a shield, in WIN NOW mode, spends most of their transfer money on a $2M striker prospect who cant even get minutes when BWP AND BRIAN WHITE get injured. Talk about a horrible use of money.....

Up this!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Actually I keep forgetting that we DID spend money this year.  A team coming off a shield, in WIN NOW mode, spends most of their transfer money on a $2M striker prospect who cant even get minutes when BWP AND BRIAN WHITE get injured. Talk about a horrible use of money.....

...who cant even get minutes when BWP AND BRIAN WHITE get injured AND we move to a two-forward formation.   We actually have that $2M kid as FIFTH  (Stroud might argue 6th) on the depth chart... 6 months after signing him.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

...who cant even get minutes when BWP AND BRIAN WHITE get injured AND we move to a two-forward formation.   We actually have that $2M kid as FIFTH on the depth chart... 6 months after signing him.   

Ivan's agent: And they'll just throw money at you, even if your guy won't play! I fleeced them for $350k

Jorgenson's agent: Hold my beer...

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The loss at home to Colorado is when he should have been fired.

He should have been fired after the cincy game. I hadnt seen Red Bull play that poorly in YEARS.

But the way we were playing was covered up by some good/lucky results. I posted at the time that getting those points was my biggest fear cause it would be a false indicator to Austria that he had things under control.

And here we are.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

some good/lucky results ... would be a false indicator to Austria that he had things under control.

Austria? Which is the RB high command based?
In any event, RBNY is more like Fort Zinderneuf.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Is there any organizing for red bull out these last games? I'm down to help make a little pamphlet to spread the sentiment / vision of what this club could be with invested, proud local ownership. An NYNJ Common Sense, if you will.

96metro.com is available...

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

An NYNJ Common Sense, if you will.

nice reference. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
In terms of worst coach in team history I'd probably only put him over Bora and the corpse of Eddie Firmani and at the same level of JCO.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
is he gone yet?

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

I am not particularly married to Chris Armas, but anyone who thinks firing him comes even remotely close to fixing the brunt of this team's issues is delusional. 

Precisely - but I do think he needs to go. I just hope he doesn't become the scapegoat, because without significant investment there isn't going to be any success. 

Were folks singing that tune last year when we finished with the best record in league history?

I've been singing that tune for a long time now, yes. It just takes bad results for people to see the truth that RBNY doesn't want to seriously invest in this team.

And sure, we can hope to have generational talents come in every single year (since they'll have a 1.5 year shelf life before being moved on to our overlords) and a once in a generational coach (it seems, still amazed by this), or you know, we could have ownership that actually invests.

Roll the dice! Let me know what you come up with. 

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

A jockey can't win a race without the right horse..

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

I've defended Armas for quite a long time and quite frankly, if push came to shove, I'd be fine with him getting a chance with the right investment. I'd rather investment in the team and Armas than the other way around. But I've also seen enough listless performances, regression among players and questionable tactical decisions to say that I'm fine with him getting the can too. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

A jockey can't win a race without the right horse..

Are you saying that Montreal had better talent on the field than us?    I was very tolerant of his tinkering all season, trying to find the right players and formations, but that tolerance was premised on the team being ready to go when the playoffs came around.  These last two games were hugely important, for a bunch of reasons, and he couldn't get the team to show up.   I understand we had 3rd-string Barlow vs DC, and a very rusty BW no_P vs Montreal, but we could have and should have done better.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

still think ownership should've brought in the proper amt of reinforcements ready to contribute in the offseason, but didn't. lack of closing ability on potential incoming players. signing players only within the internal development pyramid. Armas isn't great, prob avg at best, indifferent if he leaves or stays. the team must look different personnel wise. i'm thinking a max of 11 players jettisoned. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users