6 replies to this topic

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Makes me sick to my fucking stomach seeing these '#RedBullIn' hashtags on social media.

True fans my ass.

ESCDetroit

ESCDetroit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Lol how dare people have different opinions, we all must hate the evil corporation or you're not a true fan.
These views do not represent ESC as a whole, just some jerkoff from Detroit.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Lol how dare people have different opinions, we all must hate the evil corporation or you're not a true fan.

It's a free country. And you're free to believe whatever you want.

With that said, it is entirely ridiculous for people to assert that true fans want Red Bull in and those who want them out must not be a real fan of the team. The corporation has no feelings, no brain, and no business in football.

If someone wants to keep being a soda slugger and keep their eyes and ears closed to the ugly truth, it's on them. My allegiance and respect lies with those trying to make a difference and fighting for something they believe in.

ESCDetroit

ESCDetroit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
You're the one that keeps bringing up true/real fan. Being pro/against RB doesn't make you better than the other side. Both sides are completely stupid.
These views do not represent ESC as a whole, just some jerkoff from Detroit.

MLSNYC4

MLSNYC4

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Supports:MLSNYC4, New York Skyliners

You're the one that keeps bringing up true/real fan. Being pro/against RB doesn't make you better than the other side. Both sides are completely stupid.

Except no. Red Bull Out has never been about antagonizing fans who aren't on board; there was never #RedBullOut #TrueFan #IdiotFan shit instigated from that side. The small pro-Red Bull GmbH brigade have been doing that kind of stuff continually. It's not a big deal in the end. Only one side is on the wrong side of history.

Red Bull Out has been focused on the ownership. What sort of person would look at the history of Red Bull GmbH ownership and disparage people who want ownership to leave? Well, the type of person who might currently lead a Scandinavian-inspired SG, who has a history of mocking the Metro name and history.

#RedBullOut until the job is done.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

As said above, RBO is not about being a true fan, but the RBI people generally seem to be making that an issue.

There's just a different attitude conveyed from the RBI people towards the movement, the team history, and the current regime that just rubs me the wrong way.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The main guy using #redbullin on Twitter is very clearly joking.  Almost all the others seem to be fans of rivals.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users