9 replies to this topic

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Looks like The Rock will be having a big UFC event the same night we open against Chicago...can you say traffic out the ass!

http://www.ufc.com/i...i...me&eid=2747
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

devil500

devil500

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
  • Supports:Metro
Parking is going to be a nightmare..

#RedBullOUT

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Thoughtcrime United
Damnit, I knew that was coming, didn't realize it was the same day. It's a really good card too.

Luckily the PPV's don't start til 10pm, with preliminary fights (which are good, but poorly attended because everyone wants to be fashionably late) starting around 8:30 or so. So the overlap won't be horrendous.
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

Eleazar: "Tim = wise man"

SCNewJersey

SCNewJersey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic, Madrid

Damnit, I knew that was coming, didn't realize it was the same day. It's a really good card too.

Luckily the PPV's don't start til 10pm, with preliminary fights (which are good, but poorly attended because everyone wants to be fashionably late) starting around 8:30 or so. So the overlap won't be horrendous.

Jersey's own Kurt Pellegrino is fighting on the undercard... Expect there to be an early crowd
xGSSx

"All the fucking 'experts' in America, everybody who thinks they know about soccer, they can all look at the score tonight and let's see what they have to say now. Nobody has any respect for what we do, for what goes on on the inside, so let them all talk now." ~Michael Bradley

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Jersey's own Kurt Pellegrino is fighting on the undercard... Expect there to be an early crowd

Well, yeah, you and I know that and care about that. But I don't think that will fill the place any sooner. Guys that train with him and ACTUAL MMA fans who know he's a Jersey boy (who would probably have been there for the undercard anyway) will file in to see that.

My hope is to get to one of Dana White's Twitter ticket giveaway things, grab tix off him, go to the Chicago game and then run to the PATH after the game. Would be an epic night out.
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

SCNewJersey

SCNewJersey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic, Madrid

Well, yeah, you and I know that and care about that. But I don't think that will fill the place any sooner. Guys that train with him and ACTUAL MMA fans who know he's a Jersey boy (who would probably have been there for the undercard anyway) will file in to see that.

My hope is to get to one of Dana White's Twitter ticket giveaway things, grab tix off him, go to the Chicago game and then run to the PATH after the game. Would be an epic night out.

Word. I forgot most of the people at those things are loaded guidos who bought Tapout shirts at Spencers' Gifts while guys like you and me are stuck watching lagging feeds on Justin.tv :rolleyes:

And yes, epic night indeed
xGSSx

"All the fucking 'experts' in America, everybody who thinks they know about soccer, they can all look at the score tonight and let's see what they have to say now. Nobody has any respect for what we do, for what goes on on the inside, so let them all talk now." ~Michael Bradley

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Word. I forgot most of the people at those things are loaded guidos who bought Tapout shirts at Spencers' Gifts while guys like you and me are stuck watching lagging feeds on Justin.tv :rolleyes:

And yes, epic night indeed

The key, as I'm sure you know by now, is to ignore the intertubes Saturday night, then on Sunday catch a smooth stream on Justin.tv of a replay with no blockage issues.

But to your point, the good news is that the Affliction/Ed Hardy t-shirt wearing guidos will not be at the Chicago game, as they will be otherwise occupied. Granted, this would be better news if it was the LA game when said guidos take their $50 t-shirts off and do flying chest bumps into chain-link fences, but all the same.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
I will be at the UFC event with a couple of the guys I trained with at college that have gone on to have UFC careers. First home opener I will miss since 98.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

MulletGSS

MulletGSS

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FC Barcelona

I will be at the UFC event with a couple of the guys I trained with at college that have gone on to have UFC careers. First home opener I will miss since 98.

wow..

The opinions expressed here are the views of MulletGSS and do not reflect the views and opinions of GSS or any of it's other members.

kubrick74

kubrick74

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Supports:Metro FC / US Nats
none of this will make difference if there is a strike, which looks increasingly likely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users