21 replies to this topic

MacAttack17

MacAttack17

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Supports:Metro & AC Milan
Both Conway and Patterson-Sewell (P.S.) played pretty well today despite the lose. Seeing P.S. tonight, now I know what we have as our backup keeper. I know Conway earned this spot on the team by coming out last year and showing us he wants to be a main focal point on this team. That being said, is there anyway he could possibly lose his job to P.S. if he continues to improve?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,005 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Conway is the starter the rest of the way. I don't see any scenario beside injury for which that will change.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MasterShake

MasterShake

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Conway is the starter the rest of the way. I don't see any scenario beside injury for which that will change.

I wish he wast, he is tall 'n slow
He's not a soft or hot drink
Whoever don't like it could suck his straw, it's hot pink
On some junk like Gucci on a classy hoe
Might splash you in the face with nuclear pistachio
Make a fast break, or that'll be the last mistake
that ass'll make is what you get for messing with ..........

jginder

jginder

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:MLS,EPL,SPL,<br />Videogames,Girls,Beer
  • Supports:New York Red Bull, USMNT, Man U
Conway is a very good keeper, and probally will be our starter for the rest of the year. however i was pretty impressed with C.P.S., so he very well might challenge conway for the starting keep spot
Metro Forever!!
Glory, glory Metro football

Fuck DC!!!

DC United went to Rome to see the Pope
And this is what he said…
FUCK OFF!!!
Who the fucks DC United.

Fuck those Yellow Shirted NJSEA nazis

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Supports:METRO
This shouldn't even be a question. The guy had one good game and now he can replace conway? If anything it just makes the thorton departure less of a question

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,731 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
The Aussie was good, but he's not better than Conway at all.

Cepero though...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,379 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
Conway is a C+ level keeper.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
  • Supports:Metro
Aussie looked very comfortable in the net I liked how he played he really impressed.. I like John, but I've never thought of him as the one he's a decent starter, but at times I feel we're lacking because we're not that good in the nets.

#RedBullOUT

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
DC won with Rimando in the net a few years back. Thats all i have to say about that

5 year plan

120kid

120kid

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Supports:The mighty fucking metros
In the last couple of games we played our defence was poor at best......For as many breakaways as our opposing teams got conway stoped alot of them dead in their tracks.The aussie is good and i like to know that we have two goalkeepers that could do the job, but him replacing conway is nothing i can see happening this season. were jumping the gun to say all this after just half of a game. Never the less i would like to see more of the aussie and see what he can do.....hopefully not at the expense of 3 points. It is just good to know that we have a backup on our team that can acually do as well as the starter!!!
USA...USA...USA...USA...USA..USA

Metro1026

Metro1026

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
We have rather average players all over the place.

This includes Stammler, Leitch, Goldy, Conway, Woly, Boyens, Magee, Sinisa, etc.

This team needs better young american prospects.

We now have a good spine in Cichero, Pietro, Rojas, Angel, but to complete that spine, we need a GOOD keeper.

It's a luxury we've enjoyed until Conway came in.

I'd hope that they would look to pick up a good young keeper next year. Conway is not a starter.

USreject1186

USreject1186

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Supports:The Metro,US Natl,Ger,Hungary
Conway has saved so many points for us this year by making huge saves when our defense fucked up. I was really impressed by Patterson-Sewell, but I don't know if he can come up with those big, important saves that Conway comes up with.
"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again." -Monty(Waiting)

As a wise man once said (theredmenace) "Drunk mouths speak sober minds. And apparently, drunk hands grope slightly less drunk asses."

Mike Petke on Julian de Guzman's tackle on Angel: "I just thought it was a combination of them being frustrated and an average player putting a horrible tackle on a good player. Uncalled for."

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
I dont see how we can argue that we need a new keeper when are gpg is so low. Unless our plan to to win every game 1-0

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT
Let Patterson and Cepero push Conway, and maybe actually challenge for a role starting at next offseason camps and stuff. I highly doubt either of them will play over him now, or next year for that matter. But we shall see.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
In any case after last night.... Conway>Valdes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users