Posted Image

b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Supports:Zen
Nice photoshop hahaa. :cheers: Hard to imagine Marca failing so spectacularly as to put it on the front page. Still prefer Henry for his ability to pass and run at defenders. Can only imagine Raul's face seeing anyone we have trying to get him the ball out of center mid. Not a big Raul fan, but if true, maybe it motivates a better #10 to sign than if he weren't in the picture.

Real Madrid

Real Madrid

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Supports:Metros and Real Madrid
Not a photo shop... here is the web address for the front page of tomorrow's paper.

Link to Marca page

SimonSays

SimonSays

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Supports:Metro, AC Milan
I count four possibilities:

1) We're signing Raúl now, not as a DP but as a regular player, so both Marca and Soler were telling the truth.
2) We're signing Raúl as a DP after the World Cup and Marca is just breaking the story now.
3) We're signing Raúl as a DP now and Marca's right while Soler was lying to us.
4) Marca's full of shit.

Any bets?
FORZA ROSSONERI

Real Madrid

Real Madrid

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Supports:Metros and Real Madrid

I count four possibilities:

1) We're signing Raúl now, not as a DP but as a regular player, so both Marca and Soler were telling the truth.
2) We're signing Raúl as a DP after the World Cup and Marca is just breaking the story now.
3) We're signing Raúl as a DP now and Marca's right while Soler was lying to us.
4) Marca's full of shit.

Any bets?

As much as I love Marca I have to vote for number four because a) Raul wont leave the team until the end of the season, and b) there is no way he is signing as a non-DP.

Da New Redbulls

Da New Redbulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Supports:Ny RedBulls Man City Barcelona
i think this is BS but hope am wrong because raul7 and TH14 would look good in 2011 when TH14 get here.
http://www.marca.com...1265877017.html

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
ESPN picked up the story. So there might be some truth to this. They usually dont report something if it is just a bogus rumor....but lets wait and see.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,731 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

ESPN picked up the story. So there might be some truth to this. They usually dont report something if it is just a bogus rumor....but lets wait and see.

Actually they do.

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Supports:METRO
I am interested again

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Can someone give a reliable translation of the artilce:

Raúl González Blanco podría estar disfrutando de sus últimos meses en el Real Madrid, ya que todo hace indicar que en verano pondrá punto final a quince años como futbolista del equipo blanco. Tal como informa en su edición de este jueves el diario MARCA, el 7 tiene una oferta para dejar la Liga BBVA y jugar en Estados Unidos.

Los Red New York Red Bulls están cerca de atar al capitán del Real Madrid. De hecho, como informan en las páginas de MARCA Miguel Serrano y Ulises Sánchez-Flor, la franquicia de la Major League Soccer le ha hecho una oferta económica equiparable a lo que percibe ahora en la entidad de Chamartín. Y es que la idea de 'emigrar' al futbol estadounidense ronda la cabeza de Raúl desde hace tiempo. Hace un año, en la víspera del encuentro de ida de los octavos de final de la Liga de Campeones que enfrentó a los blancos con el Liverpool en Santiago Bernabéu, no cerró las puertas a esa opción: "Como experiencia podría irme un año a jugar a Estados Unidos".

Más recientemente, su representante, Ginés Carvajal, también dejó entrever la posibilidad de que disfrutara de sus últimos años como futbolista lejos de España: "Tiene opciones de jugar en Estados Unidos o Qatar". No obstante, los dólares no son el único argumento de los Red Bulls para llamar la atención del delantero, ya que la intención de este equipo de la MLS es hacer un equipazo en el que también estarían Paolo Maldini y Thierry Henry. Pese a que Raúl tiene contrato con el Real Madrid hasta junio de 2011 y de que su intención es cumplirlo, no tiene claro su futuro y finalmente podría cruzar el Atlántico. Si es así, el Real Madrid no le pondrá ningún impedimento.

My spanish isnt great but something seems odd about it. Sounds like to me an agent is just spouting off about Raul's future and using the new links of Maldini and Henry for contract posturing
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

West Ham fan

West Ham fan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Supports:West Ham United, RBNY, USMNT

No offense but do you know a different ESPN than I do?

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

No offense but do you know a different ESPN than I do?

the ESPN I know sleeps with women and never calls them again

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
Google translation:

Raul, near the New York Red Bulls

The financial offer is comparable to what you get now at Real Madrid · Both Raul as his representative, and warned the option of playing in the U.S. • The Real Madrid will be on 7 to decide their future

11/02/10 - 09:45

Raul Gonzalez Blanco could be enjoying his last months at Real Madrid, because everything indicates that in the summer put an end to fifteen year playing the white team. As reported in its Thursday edition of daily Marca, the 7 has an offer to leave the Liga and playing in the USA.

The Red New York Red Bulls are close to tying the captain of Real Madrid. In fact, as reported in the pages of MAKE and Ulises Miguel Serrano Sanchez-Flor, the franchise of Major League Soccer has made a financial offer equal to what you get now in the state of Chamartin. And the idea is that 'migrate' to the American football head Raul round for some time. A year ago, on the eve of the first leg of the knockout stages of the Champions League, pitting whites with Liverpool in Santiago Bernabeu, did not close the door on that option: "As experience could go a year to play United States ".

More recently, his agent, Gines Carvajal, he also admitted the possibility of enjoying his last year playing away from Spain: "It has chances to play in the U.S. and Qatar." However, dollars are not the only argument for the Red Bulls to draw attention to the front, since the intent of this MLS team is to make a great team that also would be Paolo Maldini, Thierry Henry. While Raul has a contract with Real Madrid until June 2011 and that he intends to fulfill it, there have clear future and may eventually cross the Atlantic. If so, Real Madrid will not ever stop.

"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Raul DP 2010...Henry DP 2011...JPA takes pay cut in 2011 around the 300k range and becomes our Jaime Moreno (just less fat and much cooler). And before ppl say "wtf is up with all these forwards"...Raul and Henry can be thrown on wings in midfield as well so poof

Since the DP will be comming in July that 400k against the cap Raul will hit us with will be prorated and probably be closer to 200-300k.(just like JPA's first year)

Get it done Soler

5 year plan

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Raul & Henry are both great players and I would love to have either/or/both playing for us. Regardless, we STILL need a CAM. Signing either is really contingent on someone who can feed them the ball. If JPA is healthy and given the support he needs don't be surprised if he knocks in another 20 goals this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users