182 replies to this topic

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I think it's also because he's a defensive player. Defense is boring.

It is, but Seattle leads MLS in ppg over the last ten years, and a lot of that credit goes to Ozzie Alonzo- likely more than to any other player or coach.

I hope Adams stays here a decade, but I think he'll be gone like Miazga, maybe sooner.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

It is, but Seattle leads MLS in ppg over the last ten years, and a lot of that credit goes to Ozzie Alonzo- likely more than to any other player or coach.

I hope Adams stays here a decade, but I think he'll be gone like Miazga, maybe sooner.

I could see Adams lighting up the U-20 World Cup in May/June and being gone in the summer transfer window.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

He'll need some senior USMNT caps under his belt before he can get a visa in most countries (unless he has an EU passport or something?) - so I don't think he goes sooner than Miazga did, but I do think there's a correlation between his USMNT caps and how soon he departs for bigger things. 

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

Risk of signing these guys so young.  I thought 4 year deals are standard? Surprised he's free already.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

He was very Dax like. Could work on his passing but hes 18. Needs to be starting alot more often.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
A couple of giveaways but broke a lot plays and has some nice footwork and speed. Defintely see this kid being better tha Dax.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
He also made some fantastic passes tonight. Yeah, there were some bad decisions and stupid mistakes, but he's going to be a great player.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

I really liked what Adams brought to the game. His distribution was on point. Can't wait to see how he develops. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he also makes 8x less than Dax did, so def a cap friendly guy to have on the roster. now that i watch his 2min highlight reel, his best stuff from today looked good. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Looked good on the field fluid and mobile. For some reason I expected way more but guess I am just spoiled watching Pulisic. Adams looked good and deserving of more time.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Looked good on the field fluid and mobile. For some reason I expected way more but guess I am just spoiled watching Pulisic. Adams looked good and deserving of more time.

http://www.mlssoccer...re-minutes-2017

He had some really nice seeking passes out of deep midfield, which is something we've been missing since Tainio left. If you want to run an empty bucket, you need that kind of service. 

Davis hasn't looked as good in the early stages as he looked last year. Maybe it's time we give Adams some more extended looks next to Felipe?

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Looked very Presidential.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

http://www.mlssoccer...re-minutes-2017

He had some really nice seeking passes out of deep midfield, which is something we've been missing since Tainio left. If you want to run an empty bucket, you need that kind of service. 

Davis hasn't looked as good in the early stages as he looked last year. Maybe it's time we give Adams some more extended looks next to Felipe?

Or when SK16 is gone line up Adams and Davis with Felipe in Muyl's spot. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

THe kid is athletically so far ahead.  Looseness in his hips, his suddenness, and even his long speed are on the high end of MLS players.  He's gonna be good, what will determine how great he is will be how good he gets with the ball.   Defensively he seems to have some good natural instincts.  

Gonna be a good national team player as well. Just a question of how good.

As is the case with any player, a big part of being good is remaining healthy so hopefully he can pull that off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users