LONG LIVE METRO

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

If the Ironbound were not coming in to watch Juninho Pernambucano, who actually played for the Brasil National Team, they are not coming in for Fabio!!

No.  Fabio will finally put us over the top with the Brazilians.  We need to double-down on the ethnic pandering.  We will soon reach a tipping point when the Brazilians flood RBA in droves.  Then we will sign a washed up former Mexican national team and the Mexicans will embrace us!

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham
If Digão didn't draw Brazilian fans to RBA then no one will.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,026 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

No.  Fabio will finally put us over the top with the Brazilians.  We need to double-down on the ethnic pandering.  We will soon reach a tipping point when the Brazilians flood RBA in droves.  Then we will sign a washed up former Mexican national team and the Mexicans will embrace us!

Is Rafa still available?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

My comment regarding Fabio was really a throw away comment, but my code compels me to defend it!!

I was not trying to say acquire players based on nationality, I was more saying that as you cant market a "brand" like red bull. No one cares about soda.  The marketing dept. should be marketing players and have those players go to where people congregate (post-covid, obviously). I think the only route to generating fan interest is winning and having "likable" players who fans route for.  

Fabio could have been from anywhere, and I think he would be a good pick up. He happens to be Brazilian and happens to be set to play in Ironbound/Harrison, which has one of the largest Brazilian populations in the US. Him being Brazilian is not a reason to pick him up, but him being Brazilian is a reason he should be involved in marketing to the nearby Brazilian community (assuming he is good).    

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
If more Henrys are a pipe dream until we're Metro with an LAFC style ownership group, developing a reputation as a team that always has an exciting young Brazilian or three wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Positive evolution to the teutonic press n' go and moneyball identity.

RED. BULL. OUT.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,026 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If more Henrys are a pipe dream until we're Metro with an LAFC style ownership group, developing a reputation as a team that always has an exciting young Brazilian or three wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Positive evolution to the teutonic press n' go and moneyball identity.

The Bragantino connection also adds credence to this approach.   We wouldn't be going out to get Brazilians for pandering purposes, it would credibly be integral to the approach and identity.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The only problem with this is it makes too much sense. We need to think outside the box, which is why we're not doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users