40 replies to this topic

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

So, what's the consensus for whether/when fans will be allowed into RBA this year?

NY just announced that, starting on 2/23, fans will be allowed into arenas, with restrictions.  The arena must have more than 10K seats.  Only 10% of capacity will be allowed.  Fans must get a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the game.  Of course, masks and social distancing are required, and assigned seats  are mandatory.

The PCR test is tough, in my experience there's no guarantee that you'll get the result back within 3 days.  Maybe things are moving faster now, though.

Anyway, what's happening in NJ?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
NJ will most likely follow suit but hard pass from me, would rather watch on tv than have to go get a test every time.

RBA concourses are too small as it is, they certainly aren't made for situations like this. The hassle of getting 1 or 2 tests a week just to go watch this dog shit team maybe compete for a playoff spot? Absolutely not worth the hassle for me this year.

The Devils rolled my money over to the 21-22 season but I'm planning on getting them to roll that money over to the 22-23 season at this rate and I expect the Red Bulls will offer a rollover option from 21 to 22 as well.

Just personally have no interest in attending until we get back to actual normal.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Only 10% of capacity will be allowed. 

So... everyone who wants to go to a NYRB game can attend.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If I can go, I'll go.    I'll mask up and glove up hope and they let is bring in our own food and bev.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts

hope they let is bring in our own food and bev.

They won't, they have always allowed you to bring in 1 bottle of water though.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i definitely want to go to at least 1 game this year, but i don't know if i'd go to every game (especially if it'll only be 10% fans in attendance - would be quite the boring spectacle)

realistically i would carry over my tickets into next year, and then just buy single game tickets for the 1 or 2 games that i'd attend this year.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
We are going to need more tarps.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

I get my 2nd Moderna vaccine dose next week. It will reach full effectiveness by the first week of March. I'm in for this season.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts

not if they spread everyone out

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts

They won't, they have always allowed you to bring in 1 bottle of water though.

Depends if they are selling stuff or not.  If concessions are closed, it may be different.   Who knows.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,488 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Damn. I was just wondering what the halftime line at the men's room is going to look like. Every third urinal? Only use the bathrooms that have in and out doors? Socially distanced lines that wrap around the concourse?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,300 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

men's room ... Every third urinal?

Depends ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Assuming NJ adopts the same rules as NY, there will only be a max of 2500 people there.  They will probably have to keep the entire lower bowl open to ensure that people can spread out appropriately.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,784 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Hamlett will head on over to Nordstrom Rack to get the cheapest ones with RBNY gift cards and Members+ Points. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
Saw this...

"We intend to host roughly 2,000 fans at every game, beginning with the February 23 Knicks game against the Warriors and the February 26 Rangers game against the Bruins."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users