Stream quality of Yahoo sports

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: stream quality of yahoo sports (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you satisfied with Yahoo sports stream of NY Red Bulls

1. Yes video quality was good (24 votes [47.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. no (11 votes [21.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.57%

3. somewhat (13 votes [25.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.49%

4. watch the next match (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. yes (1 votes [1.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

6. no (2 votes [3.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

I was pleased that the game was streamed. At first I had a few problems getting it to work with computer linked to TV monitor. Overall I rated the stream as a 7 out of 10. The video was good at times and mediocre sometimes. The announcer really needed someone to pair with him for color commentary. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Watched game on my phone. No quality issues.
Initially, could only get the other game.
Played around and got a link to RB.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

It was fine on laptop but it was not fine on other platforms. Plus announcer thinks Gio plays in Toronto still.

irishstylee

irishstylee

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Ireland, Man U, Celtic

iphone and ipad video quality were good for me. yahoo app on roku just kept putting out an error code and did not work at all. computer hooked up to a tv with hdmi cable was pretty good quality but not great. no freezing or crashes for entire game.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
It was fine watching on my laptop but not having the ability to watch from an app on my fire tv in 2019 is trash.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Streamed it on my phone and the feed was pretty flawless for me throughout. Clear picture, didn't get choppy or buffer a single time. I was pleasantly surprised.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Used Chrome browser on my laptop via wifi and fizzled out way too frequently.  

When working the video quality was lovely.

Excellence Not Expectations

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
I streamed on my laptop hooked to my tv and thought the quality was good...my only gripe was the camera angle...it was difficult to see what was happening on the far end of the field and I felt like the depth perception was tough to get used to

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Yahoo stream didn't work that well on my laptop and I was using Chrome. Internet speed is not an issue at my house. So I ended up streaming the game on my phone on the Univision Deportes app. Excellent video quality....only issue was the commentary. As someone mentioned, one of their analysts keeped going on and on about the Kaku to America transfer drama making it seem like RedBull is at fault. The other commentator basically was like "Kaku acted out dramatically" not knowing that the real culprit was his Agent Tweeting away as if he were the current President in Tweet.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
I used 4 different methods to watch the game. Some worked, some didn't.

1) Stream through browser on Xbox. If it connected correctly, it worked well for a few minutes and then would buffer every 45 seconds. Bailed on that.

2) Chromecast full tab from computer - same issue

3) Stream on the computer - worked well, but quality faded in and out

4) Stream on the Yahoo app - worked perfectly and with high quality, but god help me if I have to watch an entire match on my phone.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

iphone and ipad video quality were good for me. yahoo app on roku just kept putting out an error code and did not work at all. computer hooked up to a tv with hdmi cable was pretty good quality but not great. no freezing or crashes for entire game.

I had the same error code issue with Roku. I then hooked my desktop up to the TV and the stream quality was OK.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
I was watching on yahoo sports on chrome. No issues at all, stream was perfect. Announcer wasnt the best ever, but it was definitely a step above what Im used to for CCL streams.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I also had the same issue with Roku, then tried the yahoo app on two different phones and it was horrible, like watching the game in slow motion. Gave up on that and then tried to go directly to the mobile website but it would only show the Marathon vs Santos game with no option to choose another game.

Finally had to try a few different phone browsers and got it to work after making the phones browser switch to desktop mode. I really don't enjoy watching games on my phone.

It's not my wifi or my phone so it was a complete disaster for me and ruined the first half of the game.

I really hope we aren't on there again for away games. Hopefully we are on Univision and I can sync up the English audio from the app and watch that way.

Mecra

Mecra

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I streamed from my phone and did a screen share over wifi to my Roku and it worked fine, not to mention I have the slowest internet package available from Optimum.

keep it real on the mutha f'n field aight!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I used silk on my fire tv... It was decent.. It's ashame these matches aren't at least on MSG... They should be nationally televised or at least on ESPN+
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users