• 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Happens every game. Used to it already.

It was noticeably much worse yesterday.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team
I concur with the OP here. What on earth is going on in the Ward? I waited until the second game to write about this. My friends and I sit in section 224, a little closer to the away supporters who were clearly louder and more in sync than you guys from time to time. Last year it was different. The energy literally flowed from that area and spread (albeit slowly) to the rest of the stadium. Even “Let’s Go Red Bulls” came off very weak somewhat. For a game we had yesterday, the Ward should’ve been rocking from row to row. Maybe you guys had too many beers before the match I suppose?

After halftime, my friends and I decided to take a closer look to see why this was going on (we stood behind section 129). It looks like to me there are too many capos trying to hog the microphone. I really don’t know why that’s even happening. My closest friend (he’s from Barcelona) had a suggestion: Vote amongst yourselves on who’s going to be the Number One Capo. This is the guy who’s going to be the face of SouthWard. The lieutenants (chiefly the capos of the GSU, ESC and VA) then head over to the other sections to get the thier groups on the same page. Every once in a while, (mostly to avoid unecessary drama) the capo and lieutenants can then rotate for certain songs and/or chants. If you do this in a pattern (like a script), no one gets confused. Everyone is on the same page, and everyone wins. I know it’s been done before or tried, but something has to be done. Lose the speakers, the egos, and the sepratist bullshit because it’s not working. Your reputation gets fucked up game by game because of it. Please.

As for the drummers they should be on one row, or one really large drum for all three sections. Smaller drums could be placed in the back (up in the corners of sections 133 and 102) as long as the beats are synchronized. Should help getting the other fans involved.

Look, I’m not trying to pick a fight here. Just making some helpful suggestions. And I don’t have to tell you that you folks play a very important role in regards the atmosphere at the arena. Online or off, I sing your praises for all that you do. IMO, you guys are the pride and joy of the place. It’s just embarrassing to be out performed by a smaller but organized group of enemy supporters when they visit the Catherdal from time to time. Really, you guys should getting together and take a stand on this. The Montreal supporters are talking shit about you guys as I speak.

One more thing, unless it’s a real crime, it’s not my style to snitch on people (and I didn't), but I DID caught some you dudes breaking the seats by standing on them. WTF!! PLEASE DON’T GIVE THE FO AN EXCUSE TO BAN ALL OF YOU FROM THE WARD. CUT THAT SHIT OUT!!! This is our house. Respect it.

That is all.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Houston, LA and TFC have had SG issues for some time now. So much so that some of the groups stand/sit on opposite sides of the stadium.

So no, we're not the only supporters that experience this.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Houston, LA and TFC have had SG issues for some time now. So much so that some of the groups stand/sit on opposite sides of the stadium.

Doesn't matter. The south end has fallen off recently and no one can deny it. It all traces back to ego. I support the team in my way, i don't sing spanish...all about the me, not about the we.

#RedBullOut

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club

2 seats were broken in 101 tonight. Jen and I gave the usher the broken seats that we found. I forgot which rows they were in.

I was in Suwon today. It's like the police presence at Philly plus the hate for DC times 2. I broke a seat because Seoul went down 2-0. Watevs. Graffiti litters the away end. It's awesome.
"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Why do you think that is? Aside from our issues, of course.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull

2 seats were broken in 101 tonight. Jen and I gave the usher the broken seats that we found. I forgot which rows they were in.

keep that shit up and see how quickly security clamps down on 101

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Why do you think that is? Aside from our issues, of course.

I can't speak for the TFC groups, I know that one of their groups is on the opposite side.

LA's SGs have been separate since the beginning of the league, and their newest one is the one behind the goal.

Houston's is due that one group is all Spanish chants, while the other mixes it up, and the 2 others I am not sure of. They might have to be together in their new stadium.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
don't you people have meeting between sg's for this ?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
The rotating capos is definitely an issue. No one has taken true command of it yet. Takes time for people to appreciate / respect the capo.

Beyond that, I have my opinions on why the groups aren't coordinated, but those opinions are better reserved offline.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:NYC Bars
this is essentially what is happening when we have 2-3 out of sync drummers and singing sections.
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Pretty sure I already explained clearly what needs to be done a couple weeks ago.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC

Pretty sure I already explained clearly what needs to be done a couple weeks ago.

O-Sack, I fundamentally disagree with your premise and rationale for this, but I would definitely concur that first step to achieving the mythical "south ward unity" would be to move the GSU to another area, preferably on the opposite side of the arena, in the upper deck corner seats. There, they'd get a maximum amplification effect from the roof and enhance the overall RBA atmosphere without all the conflict/drama.
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

O-Sack, I fundamentally disagree with your premise and rationale for this, but I would definitely concur that first step to achieving the mythical "south ward unity" would be to move the GSU to another area, preferably on the opposite side of the arena, in the upper deck corner seats. There, they'd get a maximum amplification effect from the roof and enhance the overall RBA atmosphere without all the conflict/drama.

What is GSU? You mean GSS?
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
for some reason "Take 'em All" is never in synch.

there's still the battle of metro vs red bulls/new york. so dumb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users