MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
1723257_USA.jpg
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What's happens when the other team remembers that the right and left sides of the field exist?

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
In reality it will be like when Metro played a similar 3313 formation. Acosta and Adams will easily cover the wings.. they have the speed and both have played similar roles at club level..so in effect it'll be like a 3412 that was popular this last world cup... Which at time looks like a 5 man backline.So when defending it can look like a 3-4-3 or even a 5-3-2 with Mckinnie and Trapp as CM and Adams and Acosta covering wings

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
US soccer is a god damn mess.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Don't really know where else to post this, but Ndam also quietly got a callup for the Cameroon U23s.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
When's the next time USMNT play?

I really hope they hire Jesse Marsch... I just feel like with Adams, Pulisic and Mckinnie etc and why not Aaron Long and even Tim Parker.. I feel like the make up of this team, ie fast and young... Jesse and his high press and that weird 3313 he had would be a perfect match

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I really hope they hire Jesse Marsch... I just feel like with Adams, Pulisic and Mckinnie etc and why not Aaron Long and even Tim Parker.. I feel like the make up of this team, ie fast and young... Jesse and his high press and that weird 3313 he had would be a perfect match

Id say the likelihood that Marsch is the hire is very small with him going to Germany.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
If Berhalter is the guy it will be interesting to see if the Trapp lovefest continues

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Davis > Trapp

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Etienne scored vs Nicaragua.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Hope that boosts his confidence heading into the ATL game

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Etienne scored vs Nicaragua.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=dpQavYtjHgA

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

I was thinking about this the other day, US teams have always had fitness on their side why hasn't anyone tried a high press. Even if its not Jesse.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I was thinking about this the other day, US teams have always had fitness on their side why hasn't anyone tried a high press. Even if its not Jesse.

IMO its no longer an advantage. Maybe 15-20 years ago yes, but sports fitness has come a long way and reached all over the globe.

The only remaining advantage we have is playing MLS guys in a World Cup. Those guys are in mid season form while the rest of the world is just coming off a long season. Even then...is it an advantage or do we break even cause theyre MLS guys? Lol ;)

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Fitness and athleticism, but no way you could watch that game and say we were the more fit and athletic side.   

But WTF has happened to Miazga?     Is there anyone who would prefer him over Long and Parker right now?   Each of them individual looks better, and together, with their teamwork, its a no brainer for them to be the starting CB pair.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users