300 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Offensively 100%. The problem is we lack a quality d mid to cover those runs morillo makes on the attacking end.

Morillo is the better RB if we had a balanced team. Which we dont

CCJ is a quality dmid and IMO any outside back thats good for a horrible brain fart every game or every other game is not a quality outside back.

Murillo might have a future as an outside mid, but based on what Ive seen I would never bring him into my team as an outside back.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

We arent making the playoffs, if we do we are out first match. 3 home games left to watch this continued abortion of a season.

If they make it it's looking like Atlanta and Philly on the road for the first two games.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Needs -
3 points
90 minute performance
BWP to score And play well
First 2 halfs of LAFC and NER morning bus the goals of course ;-)
Same lineup for this game but t give Murillo a start then Buck whoever matches up better

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Thinking about the style of this roster and it's strengths and weaknesses...

I think a 3133 ala the 331/5131 (with Muyl & Taxi as wing backs dropping back to make a 5 man line, and Royer and Kaku dropping off to make a 3 man line with Marc behind BWP) suits This roster.. This can easily shift to a four man back line if subbing Tarek off the second half and dropping Taxi back then bringing in Davis to play either make a 433 for the second half

1st half
------------Robles
-----Parker -Long - Tarek
------------Casseres
--Muyl------Rzat ------Kemar
---Kaku-----BWP-----Royer

2nd half
-----------Robles
--Murillo-Parker-Long-Taxi
---Muyl---Casseres--Davis
----Kaku----BWP---Royer

Late game
A 451 with Bezecourt coming in for Muyl or Sims for in for Muyl and and Kaku dropping back to let Sims play on the wing.. Or keeping Muyl as part of the back 4 and never bringing in Murillo and then keeping a 3 in the middle of Rza Casseres and Davis and bringing in Bezecourt and Sims or Omir to finish the game
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Thing is, I think Sims has to get the start and Kaku slides back into the spot held by Rza. 

We need more Rza and Royer types, guys that'll get $400k-$800k in salary. veteran guys who aren't cheap or supe expensive. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

at least theres this

Wayne Rooney‏Verified account @WayneRooney
FollowFollow @WayneRooney
More

Gutted about result last night. We deserved more. Looking forward to a 12 hour travel day which could be done in 6 but hey this is mls. We will get ready for red bulls Wednesday. #Charterflights #msl

8:53 AM - 18 Aug 2019

Hoping they actually get a charter flight for Sims to meet the team at some point.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

at least theres this

More

Gutted about result last night. We deserved more. Looking forward to a 12 hour travel day which could be done in 6 but hey this is mls. We will get ready for red bulls Wednesday. #Charterflights #msl

Hoping they actually get a charter flight for Sims to meet the team at some point.

The grueling travel days certainly helped make his decision to go back to England easier. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

If they make it it's looking like Atlanta and Philly on the road for the first two games.

A lot of things are still possible with the playoff seeding, but a match-up with DC could also be likely. Atlanta, Philly, and Boy City (due to their games in hand) are getting a little bit of separation for the Top 3 now. Us and DC could continue to hover around the 4/5 seeds. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

at least theres this

45]

More

Have to think charter flights are 100% on the CBA docket.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

charter flights

In 2012, NBA team charters ran $75-200K each way!
https://www.wsj.com/...076574126494236

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
No supporters bus to DC?
Anyone driving?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

More 4-3-1-2 please. The team looked electric in the first half against NE in that formation, and it seemed to put our most talented players in a position to play their best game. It helped that Davis has been doing a better impression of an actual #6 lately, it lets Rzatkowski and CCJ off the leash to push further up field. Royer was having fun with it too even if his finishing was millimeters off all game.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

More 4-3-1-2 please. The team looked electric in the first half against NE in that formation, and it seemed to put our most talented players in a position to play their best game. It helped that Davis has been doing a better impression of an actual #6 lately, it lets Rzatkowski and CCJ off the leash to push further up field. Royer was having fun with it too even if his finishing was millimeters off all game.

I wonder how that would look with some light rotation, assuming we are going that route

Barlow-Royer
Kaku
RZA-CCJ-(Muyl/Omir)
Kemar-Long-Tarek-Murillo
Robles

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

More 4-3-1-2 please. The team looked electric in the first half against NE in that formation, and it seemed to put our most talented players in a position to play their best game..

Wasnt New England playing without both of their first choice centerbacks...and playing 5 in the back thus inviting the pressure?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Arena admitted post-game that what they tried in the 1st half didn't work, so they made a formation change at the half.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users