#2 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

We are working on tickets and buses already. Section 8 was poor for the SuperLiga group games. We need to step it up for a final. Start spreading the word to your friends now, anyone who you've ever gone to a Fire game with before, etc. Bring a group. August 5th, 7pm.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#3 BluesFire

BluesFire

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Chelsea FC

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

I fly into Chicago that day, forgot the time but I'm checking. Funny thing is I fly into Midway, so I might just take a cab to the game. Any chance I can store my luggage in the "pod" during the game? LOL!

O.k. I checked I get into Midway @ 4:45 plenty of time for the tailgate. I'll be at this game, first game in 2 year's since I moved back to Florida for grad school. Wahooo!

#4 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

I fly into Chicago that day, forgot the time but I'm checking. Funny thing is I fly into Midway, so I might just take a cab to the game. Any chance I can store my luggage in the "pod" during the game? LOL!

O.k. I checked I get into Midway @ 4:45 plenty of time for the tailgate. I'll be at this game, first game in 2 year's since I moved back to Florida for grad school. Wahooo!

Awesome. Maybe we will have to do some sort of a tailgate so people like you can eat.

#5 joey

joey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire and the arsenal

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

the tickets are on sale already. would we do best to wait to get them? i was going to at least wait til saturday.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

"I don't approve of your methods."
"Yeah, well... you're not from Chicago."

http://peterlowry.ytmnd.com/

#6 BluesFire

BluesFire

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

Update: I just rechecked my flight and I was a little off, my arrival is 5:20 PM on game day into Midway. So regardless I'll still be at this game. Just need to figure out what to do with my luggage during the game, but whatever I'm sure I can figure that out game day. Second, does anyone know if you can take the "Beer Buses" back into the city even if you didn't take it to the game? I ask because I don't have a ride back into the city, lol. And after we "WIN SOME SILVER" I might want to continue the celebration back at "said beer bus" bar. Oh and last of all I need to get a ticket, I'll check the S8 Store.

Thanks

#7 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

the tickets are on sale already. would we do best to wait to get them? i was going to at least wait til saturday.

I have a conference call right now to work on pricing and deals. I'll let everyone know when things are settled.

#8 don_crafts

don_crafts

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

Any word on ticket deals for Season Ticket holders? The website directs you straight to TicketBastard like some commoner. How about Section 8 tickets? Will you be selling them online per usual?

#9 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

Any word on ticket deals for Season Ticket holders? The website directs you straight to TicketBastard like some commoner. How about Section 8 tickets? Will you be selling them online per usual?

Yes, we are finalising pricing as we speak and we will have them online to sell as soon as possible. If the team cooperates, they will be cheap. We will also be running at least one bus to the game from the city.

I'm not sure if the final will be a bonus game for season ticketholders or not -- has anyone asked their ticket rep yet? I'm checking with the team now.

Edit: Just got confirmation that SuperLiga is NOT included for season ticketholders (all the bonus games have been used). I strongly suggest you wait for our pricing and don't buy from ticketmaster, unless you like pissing money down the drain.

Edit again: And now I hear season ticketholders will get a buy one, get one free deal from the team.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#10 Krasny

Krasny

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Special offer to our Season Ticket Holders for the SuperLiga final is a buy one get one free ticket. For this event only the east side from section 118-139 of TOYOTA PARK will be open.

:rolleyes: not even going to try to fill the place. what about 117?

#11 karlomarx

karlomarx

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, USMNT, Man U

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

Just picked up 10 tix for Section 121. 1/2 price aint bad... we would go to Section 8 area but we are bringing a bunch of small children... nonetheless...10 more fans for the Fire.

#12 tzimaki

tzimaki

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts
  • Supports:Healthy living.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:58 PM

Ninth Final in franchise history

WINS
98 MLS CUP
98 OPEN CUP
00 OPEN CUP
03 OPEN CUP
06 OPEN CUP

LOSSES
00 MLS CUP
03 MLS CUP
04 OPEN CUP

#13 firefanatic

firefanatic

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Supports:Fire, USMNT

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

We have never lost a final in our first appearance in it. :cheers:

#14 jogadubwise

jogadubwise

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Liverpool

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

Update: I just rechecked my flight and I was a little off, my arrival is 5:20 PM on game day into Midway. So regardless I'll still be at this game. Just need to figure out what to do with my luggage during the game, but whatever I'm sure I can figure that out game day. Second, does anyone know if you can take the "Beer Buses" back into the city even if you didn't take it to the game? I ask because I don't have a ride back into the city, lol. And after we "WIN SOME SILVER" I might want to continue the celebration back at "said beer bus" bar. Oh and last of all I need to get a ticket, I'll check the S8 Store.

Thanks

Hell, you're welcome to stash your bags in my trunk.
QUOTE (chicubfan @ May 29 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I interned in the FO for a little while and trust me they are so dumb had they payed off the refs they probably would have presented them one of those huge checks during halftime on the field.

QUOTE (joey @ Oct 8 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
halloween specific stadium.

#15 BluesFire

BluesFire

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

Thanks, I might just have to do that. I'm willing to pay a small storage fee, ala BEER! :pint: :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users