What is NYRB/RBG strategy for NY?
Wondering about this especially in light of Kemar comments which I see as confirming Sacha comment and what many have said/posted over the years. I saw the comment as pretty disappointing as it confirms we are not being given $$$ to execute.
No comment on if the people in place can execute (different thread) just on the fact that NYRB seems to not be getting the $$$ level to TRY to execute which I think is BS by RBG.
In light of the various comments and hirings strategy seems to be:
2019 - run it back again with almost same SS winning team and give BWP and Luis one last shot. No comment on players leaving like Tyler or the coach.
2020 off season
- out with old generation BWP and Luis.
- Bring youth forward.
- only sign players who are <26 (unless it is a vet from RBL/RBS like RZA or Segaya)
- put in place new academy director. develop more players from area and add in players from outside area. New director has this direct experience and success at Barca AZ academy. Started
- add more Ralf. As RBG Global sporting head I think he is now more involved in NYRB development.
- put in place new analytics and scouting personnel. Just done in last 2 months.
- maybe identify another loanee/development loanee from RBL/RBS other RB network (a la Southhampton/Sims)
It seems like they will:
- maybe acquire a player maybe not during the winter (I'm disppointed to as I want high level AM/8/left winger - Brian Lozano or an age appropriate suggestion from Milo)
- Be more active during summer window
Question for me is will RBG now finally provide more $$$ for this strategy??
They did for RBL/RBS and now RBB.
We know based on comments by Sacha, Kemar others they did not want to in the past.
Will they starting now provide now provide more $$$?
Addition - Yes I think they will start to spend more but not until summer unless they find that magic person who fits the system.
winter - sign young prospects
summer - 6 months analytics and scouting and more Ralf - More $$$ in the summer.
Happy rainy off season Saturday!