47 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

a bunch of OGs have already thrown in the season tix towel.

Many of us would like to see an analysis of ST numbers since RB took over. But, we never will, unless there's a leak.
Other clubs brag about their ST totals. RB remains silent.
It's bad enough that the ST numbers are so low that they cannot even be mentioned. Worse is the fact that so many tickets go unused by the ST holders themselves, or are re-sold for a pittance on-line. RB tickets are practically worthless.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Worse if the fact that so many go unused by the ST holders themselves, or are re-sold for a pittance on-line. RB tickets are practically worthless.

I have noticed that last year or two someone fills sites like stubhub and seat geek with tickets at lowest price allowed (6$ or so).  And its rows and rows from same seller.  When I purchased one of those a few times, they all was from same company, some bs events or something.. Why would someone buy bunch of $25 tickets and sell them for 6$ minus the fees is beyond me.  Probably Red Bull is doing this, i have no other explanation.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I have noticed that last year or two someone fills sites like stubhub and seat geek with tickets at lowest price allowed (6$ or so).  And its rows and rows from same seller.  When I purchased one of those a few times, they all was from same company, some bs events or something.. Why would someone buy bunch of $25 tickets and sell them for 6$ minus the fees is beyond me.  Probably Red Bull is doing this, i have no other explanation.

They are a broker who work with teams and concert/event promoters to dump unsold tickets cheap on the secondary market. The Islanders and Mets are notorious for this.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Probably Red Bull is doing this, i have no other explanation.

Seems a reasonable conclusion. RB can't openly sell (dump) $6 tickets. So, they use some LLC to flood the market. Not sure why. Perhaps RB thinks these low-budget occasional fans will buy a lot of merch or food & beverages?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Seems a reasonable conclusion. RB can't openly sell (dump) $6 tickets. So, they use some LLC to flood the market. Not sure why. Perhaps RB thinks these low-budget occasional fans will buy a lot of merch or food & beverages?

As simple as 6 > 0, I think. Food & drink also a bonus.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

As simple as 6 > 0, I think. Food & drink also a bonus.

However, $6<$21. If you de-value your cheapest ST by 70%, why should ultras buy them?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

However, $6<$21. If you de-value your cheapest ST by 70%, why should ultras buy them?

Ah, you're presuming long-term thinking. Therein lies your mistake :)

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

you're presuming long-term thinking. Therein lies your mistake

I admit to having no marketing skills.

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York

I have never been a ST holder because my schedule changes and I work a lot of weekends. But it is very rare that I can't get a ticket to any game I want for cheaper than face value. At most I'll spend 20 bux, but I usually spend around 10. The downside is getting tickets a derby game then are inflated, but that's about it. Season Tickets are for convenience and planning, but doing SeatGeek week in and week out will likely lead to paying considerably less.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I buy those cheap StubHub tickets now instead of season tickets. MLS has big money from NFL clubs, TV rights, and sponsorships now, so they don't need me to buy season tickets anymore. Besides, Red Bull doesn't reward season ticket holders by investing in players beyond the academy. The quality of past seasons just isn't there right now. If Red Bull won't make the investment, then how can they expect fans to keep doing so?

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Yep. I knew that my measley 400 bucks a year didnt put a dent into Henry's salary but getting a ST was my way of showing appreciation. I have moved on to the whole seatgeek thing this year as well. If this team continues to refuse to join the segment of the league that shows ambition (which is growing by the day) seat geek will then turn into my living room for home games.

5 year plan

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

I only go to 1 or 2 games a years since Petke had his corner at giant stadium. As a fan I like :D the fact that Stubhub can offer tickets for less than face value. The money saved goes to parking fees or beer. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I have never been a ST holder because my schedule changes and I work a lot of weekends. But it is very rare that I can't get a ticket to any game I want for cheaper than face value. At most I'll spend 20 bux, but I usually spend around 10. The downside is getting tickets a derby game then are inflated, but that's about it. Season Tickets are for convenience and planning, but doing SeatGeek week in and week out will likely lead to paying considerably less.

Yeah honestly now I just get the 6 game pack for playoff priority because its the smallest pack you can get and still have that benefit.  Besides that save so much using secondary market

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'm renewing, it's still the best deal in sports of any of the teams in this area in my opinion. I barely miss any games and when I do I can easily sell them to get my money back. Plus the free tickets to the opening rounds of champions league and open cup and playoffs are a nice bonus. How many teams in this league give free tickets for playoff games? I doubt it's many.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I buy those cheap StubHub tickets now instead of season tickets. MLS has big money from NFL clubs, TV rights, and sponsorships now, so they don't need me to buy season tickets anymore. Besides, Red Bull doesn't reward season ticket holders by investing in players beyond the academy. The quality of past seasons just isn't there right now. If Red Bull won't make the investment, then how can they expect fans to keep doing so?

I agree. This ain't a kiddie club or a charity. You pay for what you get. If its to watch Zizzo be run around in circles then $6 is where it's at. Attendance will continue to drop along with season ticket sales as long as this cheapness and season after season of coming up short.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users