3 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

My toddler found my old matchday program from the final regular season game in 2008 (Danny Cepero goal vs the Crew game, right before the best playoff run in franchise history) and it has this entertaining interview with Dave van den Bergh.

Here is is for people's enjoyment:

8kmSFlL.jpg

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Nice trip down memory lane!

DvdB had his best season in 2009 with Dallas while JCO was jotting notes and tanking our year.
If I recall correctly, he didn't agree with Hyndmans coaching style so they waived him after the season.
Red Bulls wanted him back but Hyndman refused to trade him (or asked for crazy things in return). DvdB Didnt help his case saying he would only move to certain teams- so a team that was willing to pay something crazy for him was turned down by DvdB. So Dallas' payback was to get nothing at all.

DvdB becomes US U15 head coach. Maybe he was onto something with Hyndmans coaching.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Nice trip down memory lane!

DvdB had his best season in 2009 with Dallas while JCO was jotting notes and tanking our year.
If I recall correctly, he didn't agree with Hyndmans coaching style so they waived him after the season.
Red Bulls wanted him back but Hyndman refused to trade him (or asked for crazy things in return). DvdB Didnt help his case saying he would only move to certain teams- so a team that was willing to pay something crazy for him was turned down by DvdB. So Dallas' payback was to get nothing at all.

DvdB becomes US U15 head coach. Maybe he was onto something with Hyndmans coaching.

MF trivia: the first time we played Dallas in 2009 is the only time NO Metro player appeared in the match photo:

game19.jpg

That #13 turned out ok, too.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I can't help but say it every time it comes up, it's criminal what happened to him because of MLS' dumbass player rules.

Still in my metro best XI.

Thanks for the article.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users