40 replies to this topic

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
On a semi related note, Murillo scored 2 goals for Anderlecht today against some Estonian team in the UEFA Conference League.

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

Its inevitable. The kid shows improvement nearly every game he plays. 

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Don't worry they will replace him with some kid from The Second Worst Pro Club On Earth ™.

Everything's going to be FINE!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Don't worry they will replace him with some kid from The Second Worst Pro Club On Earth ™.

Everything's going to be FINE!

It's gonna blow your mind when you find out where we got Tolkin from

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

It's gonna blow your mind when you find out where we got Tolkin from

Yes, because you should always work on the assumption you are going to win the lottery twice.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Yes, because you should always work on the assumption you are going to win the lottery twice.

Adams, Long, S. Nealis, Fernandez, Muyl, Etienne, Davis - a decent amount of MLS starting level players have come through RBNY2.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Adams, Long, S. Nealis, Fernandez, Muyl, Etienne, Davis - a decent amount of MLS starting level players have come through RBNY2.

But how many in the last 3 years? (2019 seems to be the line when they gave up on RBNY II.)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

But how many in the last 3 years? (2019 seems to be the line when they gave up on RBNY II.)

Tolkin and I guess Wiki doesnt really count. Clark? Seems like Mullings might have an MLS career. Its less, for sure. And there are only a few All-Star level players anyway, but I wouldnt say replacing a player with an RBNY2 player is like winning the lottery. We dont generate many players that help Salzburg or Leipzig, we do have a good record of developing solid MLS players though.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Jury is still out but we have the likes of Ngoma, Edelman, and Sserwadda getting minutes on the first team

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Denis Hamlett was very much guilty of relying on RB2 kids who clearly weren't ready. I think they've at least corrected that since Thelwell took over and have opened up their search parameters a bit.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

I guess RedBull will be receiving that official offer from Anderlecht soon for Tolkin.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Denis Hamlett was very much guilty of relying on RB2 kids who clearly weren't ready. I think they've at least corrected that since Thelwell took over and have opened up their search parameters a bit.

Non-RB2 kids who aren't ready?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I guess RedBull will be receiving that official offer from Anderlecht soon for Tolkin.

doesn't mean we need to accept it. 

There are other teams that will come calling.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I think we are still recovering from when rbny fired the youth academy director and a few coaches. Thewell/hamlet restructured everything.

They took an eternity to hire a new director and during that process they neglected rb2.

This season they finally started to get new players but hired an awful coach.it's a very very slow.

I am convinced that our gm is actually a sloth and not hamlet or the new guy.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I would love to see a MLS list of players developed in academy and current team.  

I think what stands out for me is we have had about 1/year 2019/2020 - Omir /CCJ 2021 Tolkin 2022 Edelman 2023 Ngoma / Sserwandabut we missed out on a few that left, injuries (Clark/Wiki) and pipeline decreased and Philly seems to have hit on a group of 4-6 over the last 3 years and they have star attacker.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users