• Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
BYE Zubar... Maybe he's a nice person, i wouldn't know but he's not a good option for NY.....

I'd even consider trading Baah...

As well as trading or releasing Veron

Grella is on bubble for me...

Same for Sal and Taxi.....

The only guys that for sure should stay are Robles, BWP, Sacha, Dax and Perri.. Everyone else is expendable... Especially if it frees uo space to get someone better..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
The morning after and I think more so than yesterday that Marsch has to go.

I mean come on. The Impact? The Crew? Why the fuck can't he beat these mediocre teams in the playoffs? Next year will be the same story. Solid regular season but only one game plan and then we will lose to Orlando or something in the first round. The team always falls apart in the playoffs. The Crew series last year and the Montreal series this year, not coincidentally, have been some of the worst, if not THE worst soccer the club has played over the last two seasons.

At some point you have to cut the losers out and Jesse is a big part of it.

Fuck off Marsch.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

"should stay" or "will stay"?

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

I mean come on. The Impact? The Crew? Why the fuck can't he beat these mediocre teams in the playoffs? Next year will be the same story. Solid regular season but only one game plan and then we will lose to Orlando or something in the first round. The team always falls apart in the playoffs. The Crew series last year and the Montreal series this year, not coincidentally, have been some of the worst, if not THE worst soccer the club has played over the last two seasons.

Fuck off Marsch.

Silly

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Silly

Will you be saying silly a year from now when this team gets bounced out of the playoffs again to an average opponent?

You know it's going to happen.

tynian16

tynian16

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Fuck off Marsch.

This is very silly, reactionary thinking.  The team had the best and then second best record in the league.  Not time to get rid of Marsch at all.

MkgSimo

MkgSimo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, LFC
Jesse Marsch and the 4-5-1.

Move to a 4-3-3 so we can truely high pressure. When the ball is won against teams that lock it in, we can actually keep possession and create something up the field. Bring in a stud center defender like Cimon who will clean up the counters and everything from the 50 yard line and the entire width of the field.

to the assistant ref:

Get that mustache out of your eye - clint mathis

defendyourself

defendyourself

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Will you be saying silly a year from now when this team gets bounced out of the playoffs again to an average opponent?

You know it's going to happen.

The thing is by changing the coach we are still going to play the same tactically, because this is how global Red Bull wants to play.  So in reality how much more can a new coach change things in comparison to Jesse?  Guy deserves at least one more season.  Petke was hard done by global Red Bull, but that doesn't mean we have to have the same irrational firings of staff. Jesse can still grow as a coach, but winning the Eastern Conference back to back years, not to mention the Shield, shows that he not clueless.

At the end of the day the players need to perform, or Ali needs to find more guys that can.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

The thing is by changing the coach we are still going to play the same tactically, because this is how global Red Bull wants to play.  So in reality how much more can a new coach change things in comparison to Jesse?  Guy deserves at least one more season.  Petke was hard done by global Red Bull, but that doesn't mean we have to have the same irrational firings of staff. Jesse can still grow as a coach, but winning the Eastern Conference back to back years, not to mention the Shield, shows that he not clueless.

At the end of the day the players need to perform, or Ali needs to find more guys that can.

Exactly.  Why start all over?

Jesse can still needs to get better.  Metrofanatic sums it up that they didn't press enough in the first half.

And how is this all on him when Bradley misses that shot, Sacha misses the PK, the rest of the team we know about, and we certainly were not helped by the refs.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Marsch should stay, but he needs to change.  You can play a high press system , but mix in different personnel depending on the opponent and get a different look.  He approaches every game as if he's playing City.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Jesse Marsch and the 4-5-1.

Move to a 4-3-3 so we can truely high pressure. When the ball is won against teams that lock it in, we can actually keep possession and create something up the field. Bring in a stud center defender like Cimon who will clean up the counters and everything from the 50 yard line and the entire width of the field.

Honestly a 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 are practically the same tactically, given that we play more of a 4-2-3-1.   

defendyourself

defendyourself

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Marsch should stay, but he needs to change.  You can play a high press system , but mix in different personnel depending on the opponent and get a different look.  He approaches every game as if he's playing City.

100% agree, he needs to improve as a manager and add some wrinkles to our approach, but things aren't as bad as some are making it out to be.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

This is very silly, reactionary thinking.  The team had the best and then second best record in the league.  Not time to get rid of Marsch at all.

Third best to be percise. The regular season isn't the problem, the troubling thing is how this team plays with the money on the line. Next year is make or break as this just can't happen again.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Third best to be percise. The regular season isn't the problem, the troubling thing is how this team plays with the money on the line. Next year is make or break as this just can't happen again.

Of course it can, and no one is getting fired for failure to win an MLS Cup in three years. 

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Marsch is staying so long as Ali is still  here and we have a "successful" season. That's what twists the knife about Petke tho, he was also "successful" and was only fired so that Ali could hire his buddy and give us more of the same. 

I'm surprised to see so many of you looking to dump Dax - that's silly. 

What I want to know is, what do Ali and Jesse think we need to add? Is there even anyone within the league we'd want to trade for? We have the Golden Boot winner, top playmaker, all-star CBs and one of the best keepers.... I don't think we're going to find an upgrade to Dax or Felipe unless we sign a DP? 

We might lose someone to the expansion draft and need a replacement. We might dump Zizzo for an upgrade. There's some unknowns with who stays at CB, but we have 4 starting CBs on payroll currently, two or three will stay. Maybe dump someone for GAM if it creates playing time for Davis and Adams? 

On paper, I don't think we have a lot of needs. We just need to stop fucking choking when it matters most. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users