414 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,621 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I don't understand when people think Jesse got Ali fired. Jesse wouldn't be taking over trade/signing duties anyway, and I doubt Jesse is mad at the moves Ali made. No one can assume Jesse was mad Ali traded Dax, because Ali would have been canned and the move never would have happened. If anything, Ali wanted to keep Dax and Jesse made the trade.

Ali is just an awkward guy and probably got out of line with someone important. It's the only thing I can really see here.

Jesse wanted to trade Dax, Ali (apparently) did not.   Jesse won.  That's why Ali is gone.   And Jesse may not be making the trades and signings, but his loyalist Hamlett will be (apparently).  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Interests:Candy Crush
  • Supports:Los Red Bull de Nueva York

Dax was traded to get the cash for Ali's severance pay.

FC Metropolis 7 Gotham City FC 0

tynian16

tynian16

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Goal.com article - http://www.goal.com/...HP_HN_HP_RI_0_3

"The decision was clear for me. Sean Davis and Tyler Adams are ready," Marsch said. "It was impossible not to make room for those guys to have opportunities. We know that those guys are going to make us a better team moving forward, and that's why the decision was made.

"It's cold, it does sound cold, I understand it," Marsch said. "It's not fair in a lot of ways, but it's the reality of the world that we live in. It's not an easy thing to get through because in life you have strong personal relationships, and in this business sometimes you have to put those to the side and it makes life not easy sometimes."

McCarty's departure breaks up the midfield trio he formed with Sacha Kljestan and Felipe Martins, which was arguably the best in the league, a unit that helped each of them reach new heights as players.

"Dax helped me a lot as a player, he enabled me to be a good attacking midfielder by finding me with very good passes between the lines," Kljestan told Goal. "We'll miss his ability to break up plays and recover balls in the midfield — he's one of the best in the league at that.

"Having said that, Sean Davis is more than ready to play," Kljestan added. "I trained with him a lot this offseason and he's motivated, he's got an engine on him and he's ready to work. You also have Tyler Adams, who is ready to contribute minutes in MLS this year."

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Goal.com article - http://www.goal.com/...HP_HN_HP_RI_0_3

There's an article/interview with comments from the manager and tidbits on strategy and even tactics, to external media no less. We even got the long awaited official confirmation Ali is out.

So... now that RB have done what people wanted and provided statements to the press on pressing questions, do we know a lot more than yesterday or the day before?

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
"Ultimately the coach is in charge so the pressure's on me," Marsch said. "It's my job to figure out how to make these guys winners."

I think this quote speaks volumes.

It also appears that marsch is pushing for a few young guys to make impact:specifically Davis and Long.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
"The Red Bulls are still expected to add another piece to the attacking puzzle..."

Unclear who is expecting that attacking addition. I think we see an exciting DP signing this summer.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,621 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There's an article/interview with comments from the manager and tidbits on strategy and even tactics, to external media no less. We even got the long awaited official confirmation Ali is out.

So... now that RB have done what people wanted and provided statements to the press on pressing questions, do we know a lot more than yesterday or the day before?

We can end speculation on some things - the formation, the CB starters... 

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

"The Red Bulls are still expected to add another piece to the attacking puzzle..."

Unclear who is expecting that attacking addition. I think we see an exciting DP signing this summer.

If Veron, Royer, SK16, and BWP all click why add someone? Defense is the need.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

We can end speculation on some things - the formation, the CB starters... 

Possibly. I don't think Baah sits on the bench with that salary if he gets and stays healthy, even if Marsch did it with Veron last year. I hope Long proves me wrong, but I don't expect him to blossom into an every-day starter like YMM two years ago.

Re formation - we'll see, I guess. There were high hopes for 4222 last year as well.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,664 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I can never imagine that it's just one thing.  That's always possible, but IMO these moves are based on an accumulation of things, although there's usually a straw that breaks the camel's back. Looks like the Dax trade could be that here. 

Could Curtis have delivered an ultimatum about this? 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

They keep saying Davis is ready but last year when SK16 was sitting on the sidelines with a broken nose with no real assurance he was able to play Davis wasn't warming up to take over. Marsch was more comfortable playing noone for 15 minutes then just getting another body in there, then putting a dude in there who couldn't properly breath with a broken nose. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

I you go with a 4-2-2 you need a bona fide 3rd striker. Guys go cold.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,843 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'll go ahead and assume it'll be the person who will eventually replace BWP? Can't put that past Marsch now. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

Dax McCarty Retweeted Shawn Francis

"Thank you for the 2 most successful seasons in club history. Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Petke could have tweeted the same thing, no?  Seems to be a pattern emerging.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fuck that guy anyway!  Sell the team!  :)+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users