http://www.onceametr...derrick-etienne

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

At least it's temporary. Not like they will be playing in a crumbling cookie-cutter relic for 20+ years. Or a baseball stadium.

temporary?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

Oh are they sharing the new Falcons stadium? Gross.

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts

Oh are they sharing the new Falcons stadium? Gross.

Yes.  Was just there last week - pretty cool looking place

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Off topic, but MLS looks like garbage playing in football stadiums. Vancouver (and I assume now Atlanta) at least use "downsizing technology" (aka, sheets draped from the roof instead of tarps on seats, which does look better), and Seattle at least sells out (though looks like crap with football lines). DC looks like garbage, NE looks terrible, as does NYCFC. It's legitimately a joke. At least DC has hope, the rest are stuck playing in garbage situations for a long time.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yes.  Was just there last week - pretty cool looking place

I don't doubt this but they won't sell out; despite 'downsizing' it's still going to be minor-league looking. And football lines will always look terrible during the game.

I have not done any research regarding their plans to deal with these obstacles or how others feel....but that's now two teams allowed into MLS 3.0 without a SSS.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Kellyn Acosta?

Okay you are right... but would you say kellyn Acosta had a bigger impact with national team when you compare him to zardes, aguedelo, yedlin or even miazga?

I guess the better measuring stick is how many guys crack the national team in the last 3 years, how many products are playing in mls, how many guys are playing in better leagues, and how many are profesional players; Instead of youth championships

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts

I don't doubt this but they won't sell out; despite 'downsizing' it's still going to be minor-league looking. And football lines will always look terrible during the game.

I have not done any research regarding their plans to deal with these obstacles or how others feel....but that's now two teams allowed into MLS 3.0 without a SSS.

I agree completely with the plastic grass situation, but they are doing the lower-bowl only/curtain off the upper bowl thing (taking it down to 40K capacity), and remove the football lines for soccer games.   They already have 22,000 season ticket holders.  Credit where credit's due.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

I agree completely with the plastic grass situation, but they are doing the lower-bowl only/curtain off the upper bowl thing (taking it down to 40K capacity), and remove the football lines for soccer games.   They already have 22,000 season ticket holders.  Credit where credit's due.

Just wondering if anyone has insight on how they are able to take off the lines but other teams aren't?

22k is impressive. I'm surprised, given they list their hockey team twice.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts

Just wondering if anyone has insight on how they are able to take off the lines but other teams aren't?

22k is impressive. I'm surprised, given they list their hockey team twice.

It's no big deal to swap out the top layer of the turf, its just other teams are too lazy/cheap to bother.  Seattle does, at least the times I've watched.  Gillette has the same turf, so they can as well ( and I think they usually do)

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

It's no big deal to swap out the top layer of the turf, its just other teams are too lazy/cheap to bother.  Seattle does, at least the times I've watched.  Gillette has the same turf, so they can as well ( and I think they usually do)

Seattle has (or had) TERRIBLE TURF! Seattle has gotten bumped from Sunday because of Seahawks, and has had football lines on their field during playoff gamrs. Seattle is a stain on the league and if they didn't draw like hot cakes, I'd give em the boot!

Check this out! This is some "Developing World" type of quality right here - how did it even happen?

http://cdn.fansided....rs-Bad-Turf.jpg

Or this? Go Seahawks!

http://worldsoccerta...eld-600x450.jpg

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts

Seattle has (or had) TERRIBLE TURF! Seattle has gotten bumped from Sunday because of Seahawks, and has had football lines on their field during playoff gamrs. Seattle is a stain on the league and if they didn't draw like hot cakes, I'd give em the boot!

Check this out! This is some "Developing World" type of quality right here - how did it even happen?

http://cdn.fansided....rs-Bad-Turf.jpg

Or this? Go Seahawks!

http://worldsoccerta...eld-600x450.jpg

"Around 2003, at the Seahawks' request, local company EcoChemical developed for the field a new kind of paint "designed to fail." The new paint is relatively easy to remove with a power washer and a special chemical solution... converting the field between American football and soccer takes 14 hours in dry weather, though painting logos and other colors takes additional time.   A new turf field, using the FieldTurf Revolution 360, was installed in February 2016 "

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

When no one gave a shit the football lines were there to stay. But now with more exposure, even the likes of the Revs wanna remove the lines when they can. 

As for Atlanta, the turf situation is what happens when you get the NFL guy owning your team. At least they built the new giant NFL stadium with the soccer team in mind. 

But we will have some permanent turn situations in MLS with Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, New England, and the Revs. No new stadiums for these teams on the horizon. 

However the game against Atlanta to open the season will be at Bobby Dodd stadium which does have grass. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts

When no one gave a shit the football lines were there to stay. But now with more exposure, even the likes of the Revs wanna remove the lines when they can. 

As for Atlanta, the turf situation is what happens when you get the NFL guy owning your team. At least they built the new giant NFL stadium with the soccer team in mind. 

But we will have some permanent turn situations in MLS with Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, New England, and the Revs. No new stadiums for these teams on the horizon. 

However the game against Atlanta to open the season will be at Bobby Dodd stadium which does have grass. 

New England, and the Revs, both?  

anyway... both of them are supposedly looking into getting a new SS stadium   http://nesn.com/2016...ecific-stadium/

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

on Tyler Adams - Another defensive midfielder at the club got his start at 18 – before they were even named the Red Bulls – and things seemed to work out OK. His name was Michael Bradley.

Will Parchman at MLS soccer

http://www.mlssoccer...aying-time-2017

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users