• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Per source, hearing that #RBNY is looking to move Michel Murillo this window within MLS via trade. Last year, #PTFC had interest in the Panamanian right back. Offered significant allocation money ($500k ballpark) and a player (starting outside back) for the 2018 MLS All-Star.

This kind of makes me sad because he's a super talent but clearly effort and focus is a big issue.  We won't be getting a fair value in return.  He's been awful this year though so it will be a positive in the regular season.  In the playoffs though I still think Murillo would have come up huge.  THe playoffs motivate everyone naturally.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

FFS, just put murillo at right mid and put an MLS capable starter at right back.  Kind of a moot point now that we signed Sims but still

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Its clear he doesnt want to play for Armas. Such a dumb move. Best RB in the league under Jesse

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yikes, agree that he's a diff player now. outside back depth if Murillo is gone:

Taxi 

Lade

Duncan 

Buck 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

FFS, just put murillo at right mid and put an MLS capable starter at right back.  Kind of a moot point now that we signed Sims but still

I used to suggest very early on that Murillo could play RM because he's so good with the ball but watching him more makes me think he' can't do it. He just won't and doesn't hustle enough for that position.  And those two positions run the most on the team.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Better be getting an outside back in return. Should have just transferred him and brought in a replacement then. Buckmaster isnt an adequate replacement at this point

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

they can still sign players out of contract until end of the month, so the deal, if it happens might just be for GAM/TAM.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Why do we do this shit?

Hes twice the player Duncan or buckmaster will ever be, I dont think we will win it all this year but we have a better chance with him.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Its clear he doesnt want to play for Armas. Such a dumb move. Best RB in the league under Jesse

Hes a dogshit defender. He was great under Marsch cause the press was turned up to 1000000% and he was basically playing as a winger.

Armas sucks but he consistently screws up routine defensive plays.

I second the above though, if we had swapped him a muyl earlier this could be a non issue.

Personally Im fine to see him go. His play absolutely infuriates me.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Hes my Mom least favorite player so she will be happy

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Queue the "Muyl at RB" proponents

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Rbny #makeithappen

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Per source, hearing that #RBNY is looking to move Michel Murillo this window within MLS via trade. Last year, #PTFC had interest in the Panamanian right back. Offered significant allocation money ($500k ballpark) and a player (starting outside back) for the 2018 MLS All-Star.

This kind of makes me sad because he's a super talent but clearly effort and focus is a big issue.  We won't be getting a fair value in return.  He's been awful this year though so it will be a positive in the regular season.  In the playoffs though I still think Murillo would have come up huge.  THe playoffs motivate everyone naturally.

So, buck is our starting RB? That's pretty sad. I hope it's not true and Murillo steps up for us.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Is that you, Shep Messing?

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Better be getting an outside back in return. Should have just transferred him and brought in a replacement then. Buckmaster isnt an adequate replacement at this point

Who would Portland have to offer?    Seems like some 3-way deal, where we get money from these guys and a player from someone else.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users