Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Ooooohhhh Niiicccccee!!!

I was just thinking "stop ignoring BAMF" and then Becks gives him a ball at the top of box and Magee volleys that fucker straight into the back of the net.

G's 2 RSL 0
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#17 haggis

haggis

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

How did the back four look?
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#18 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

How did the back four look?

The G's started Boyens and ??? rookie at center back. Jordan and ??? another rookie on the left. Defensively they did OK. The ball over the top was dangerous and they had a bit of trouble defending 1v1.

The biggest difference, and the reason for the clean sheet was the work of Juninho and ??? another rookie in the center of midfield. Gil is supposed to be the heir apparent to Morales. He was listed on the starting lineup. Did he even play? Abosolutely invisible.

Meanwhile Cardozo made Beckerman look long in the tooth. RSL didn't track Cardozo very well at all. Now if Cardozo could learn to finish and pass better, he might make a decent MLS player. RSL took Buddle out of the game and leaving Cardozo to give the ball away (either by a shot, caught in possession or a poor pass.) Cardozo did get two players yellow carded out of the game. Not convinced he has enough quality in the final touch to be very helpful.
:pint:

#19 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

The G's started Boyens and ??? rookie at center back. Jordan and ??? another rookie on the left. Defensively they did OK. The ball over the top was dangerous and they had a bit of trouble defending 1v1.

The biggest difference, and the reason for the clean sheet was the work of Juninho and ??? another rookie in the center of midfield. Gil is supposed to be the heir apparent to Morales. He was listed on the starting lineup. Did he even play? Abosolutely invisible.

Meanwhile Cardozo made Beckerman look long in the tooth. RSL didn't track Cardozo very well at all. Now if Cardozo could learn to finish and pass better, he might make a decent MLS player. RSL took Buddle out of the game and leaving Cardozo to give the ball away (either by a shot, caught in possession or a poor pass.) Cardozo did get two players yellow carded out of the game. Not convinced he has enough quality in the final touch to be very helpful.
:pint:

you are awesome! Thanks!
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#20 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Like Cat, it was hard for me to tell who was in the back four in the second half. AJ was at right back with Boyens next to him. I recall them getting pulled out once with Boyens gettting back to make recovery tackle. I don't recall RSL attacking on our left at all. The danger came from a couple corners. But, the G's had 2 "big" CB's in which apparently helped because Salt Lake didn't score. They were also down 2 men which helped put a dent in their attack.

I really enjoy it when the G's score, even all alone in front of my computer.

#21 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

How fucking awesome would it be if Magee did this year what he did all year long last year?
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#22 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

How much of Fake's regular line-up played? I mean, I realize preseason in MLS means about what it does anywhere else, but is there reason to be excited that we shut those fuckers out?

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#23 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

I did not see first half but according to announcers it was G's scrubs against RSL first team to start and then the reverse when changes were made.

Preseason... I still enjoy BAMF scoring.

P.S. Does Tits have a chant?

#24 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

How fucking awesome would it be if Magee did this year what he did all year long last year?

The thought of this plus Buddle plus Keane plus Donovan, etc., gave me a vision of the 2012 Gs making the 1998 Gs look like the 2006 Gs. I liked it.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#25 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

The thought of this plus Buddle plus Keane plus Donovan, etc., gave me a vision of the 2012 Gs making the 1998 Gs look like the 2006 Gs. I liked it.

except neither of those teams won a championship

---

i believe it was Gaul who started and some wagner rookie...

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#26 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

I really enjoy it when the G's score, even all alone in front of my computer.

Kinda creepy, but kinda rad at the same time...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#27 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

I did not see first half but according to announcers it was G's scrubs against RSL first team to start and then the reverse when changes were made.

Preseason... I still enjoy BAMF scoring.

P.S. Does Tits have a chant?

All chants are for Mike Magee.

In his graciousness, and in a way somewhat like the Day of Pentecost in which the Apostles spoke and everyone heard them in their own language, Mike Magee allows us to hear others names in the chants.

So when we hear, "Galaxy, Galaxy, oh oh oh oooh oh" we're actually saying "Mike Magee, Mike Magee, oh oh oh oooh oh"

Edit: And I've often wondered why you guys call him Tits. I figured it was some inside joke. I at least figured it was for a better reason than this: http://www.urbandict...term=tits mcgee

#28 Lsanchez06

Lsanchez06

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, LA Galaxy, and Chelsea FC

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Edit: And I've often wondered why you guys call him Tits. I figured it was some inside joke. I at least figured it was for a better reason than this: http://www.urbandict...term=tits mcgee

not sure either but i do remember meeting him at a signing and asking him if he was cool with the nickname Tits Magee. He replied with "man, i love tits..."

then again, who doesn't?

#29 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

All chants are for Mike Magee...

How could I forget the Tits Magee boob squeeze?

#30 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

ZOMG! The G's are one game away from qualifying for the FINAL of the Desert Diamond Cup and yet there's not discussion on these forums. Wow.

You're interest may have been diminished by the overwhelming complexity of the tournament format, and so the G's have also given us a link with the Championship Scenarios

Of more practical value, the first link also has a link to a today only Buy One, Get One Free sale, which could be step on in the process of attending all of the games you want for less than the price of a season ticket if you're willing to work a little bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users