50 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
We use to have a thread about this topic but I couldn't find it. I would really like to see some more songs that incorporate the crowd that isn't in the south ward. I love how the place sounds when we get them involved with the let's go red bulls / metro chant going. Now what we can do to get them involved more I'm not 100 percent sure but there are enough of us here that some ideas shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

I'd like to see the captains not stick to the script as much, I know the job isn't easy but there are times when the rest of the crowd is getting into the game more and a chant involving them would be perfect to get them even louder.

I didn't like the we are the south ward chant at first but I've warmed up to it a bit the more I hear it.

I have no idea how to incorporate this into something we could do but just heard this today and I already wanna sing it at the arena, I know we have a bunch of wwe fans in 101 at least lol

Bobby Roode - Glorious Domination (Official Theme):

Anyone got ideas? Lets hear them

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I just don't see the entire arena getting into and doing a lot of the songs. As you mentioned the only time the entire arena gets involved in a chant is the "Let's Go Red Bulls" clap clap clap clap, so it would have to be something simple along those lines. The only other time I've seen the entire arena really get involved is the stomping of feet on set pieces and corners. Fans outside the South Ward all have different ways of watching the game and all are fine. Some people just want to sit and watch the game and discuss it tactically with the person next to them. Some people are worried that their kids are ok and hydrated. Some spend half their time at the concession stand. That's why I think the only chants/songs that would work for the whole arena would be short and sweet. 

You've mentioned WWE and I've heard the New Day style chants before from the South Ward and think something along those lines would work for the whole arena.

Simple and effective are all we could hope for to get the entire arena involved. So something along the lines of "New York is Red, clap, New York is Red, clap" is all you could hope to work for now and then hopefully go from there...

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What about "Kljestan" to the tune of Bowie's "Let's Dance"

"KLJESTAN!
Put on your red shoes and beat the blues...

KLJESTAN!" and so on.

You could start it with the "Awwwwwwwww" part of it like we do with other songs.

I really think I have something here.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Someone on facebook mentioned chanting "set piece city" when they score the same way they do for Brock Lesnar and "suplex city".

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Also "When we start McCarty, we McCarty hard" to the tune of "Party Hard."

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

One more: I think we should start singing "New York, I Love You, But You're Bringing Me Down" by LCD Soundsystem towards the end of losses.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I fully expected every suggestion to be horrible.  This is actually a  good chant, IMHO, but not one the whole stadium will catch onto.

Gotta be something corny/lowest common denominator-ish everyone already knows, like at Rutgers games when half the stadium says R, and the other answers U, but do RED, BULLS.    Coordinate with Vikings starting the RED, and ESC/GSS answering with the BULLS, with all the hand gesturing nonsense to bring in the two sides of the stadium.

https://youtu.be/WeWs7-8bx-0

Apologies if some shitty supporters group is already doing that one and its insultingly beneath us.  But that's the sort of thing you have to settle for until anyone north of 128 knows the words and is willing to join in on any of the good stuff.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I fully expected every suggestion to be horrible.  This is a good chant, but not one the whole stadium will catch onto.

Wasn't meant to be just chants that the whole stadium will catch on to, that's just something I would like to see more of.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

We used to do the "Shots" song for Dax McCarty. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
There is a difference between soccer chants and songs. We need more chants so that everyone can join in. The songs sound cool in theory but no one outside the south ward will join in

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
We should raid the Boy City supporters songbook. Their "fuck the red bulls" chant is the beacon of creativity.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

What about just "Come on Red Bulls"

Anything else the SW sings is just going to sound like inarticulable gargling to anyone outside of those sections. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Potvin sucks? Balouchi/Tequila makes me smile every time.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Still waiting for the day we start doing Faithless' Insomnia just cuz. I can't get no sleep

#RedBullOut

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The Yanmar company loyalty song.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users