TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Chris Gloster?

Does MLS Transfers actually have any legit sources?

https://twitter.com/...4486011906?s=21

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Chris Gloster?

no never they had Falcao in Miami a year ago
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Chris Gloster?

MLS Transfers would grab obvious news and say they came from a source or "hearing that"... For example, if a player wasn't getting playing time they would claim "Hearing (Player) is on the trade block. Multiple teams interested."

Some would obviously pan out which gets people thinking its a legit source. That would lead to people feeding them news they heard, or ask if he heard anything about... Every once in a while things pan out. But 95% of the time, it's not even a legit rumor.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I once saw MLS Transfers cite the anonymous comments section of an Imgur post as the source of a transfer rumor

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

MLS Transfers would grab obvious news and say they came from a source or "hearing that"... For example, if a player wasn't getting playing time they would claim "Hearing (Player) is on the trade block. Multiple teams interested."

Some would obviously pan out which gets people thinking its a legit source. That would lead to people feeding them news they heard, or ask if he heard anything about... Every once in a while things pan out. But 95% of the time, it's not even a legit rumor.

Yeah I guess if you pay any attention to RBNY its an easy somewhat believable rumor to fabricate.

Pendant by all accounts struggled, and Gloster is a former academy player who hasnt gotten a ton of playing time with PSVs reserves this season.

Also reeks of RBNY to recruit a young player who needs a restart.

Would not hate the move though, especially if they can get him on a non senior level contract like Duncan when he returned from France.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Agree with those saying if we got him on a similar deal to Duncan in 2018 he could pull a Duncan and establish himself as a very good MLS LB.

Would be a good first step this offseason.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Sign me up for this. Secures the back line and improves on a weak Pendant. Bigger fish to fry with this team but I would be happy with this first step

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Agree with those saying if we got him on a similar deal to Duncan in 2018 he could pull a Duncan and establish himself as a very good MLS LB.

Would be a good first step this offseason.

would be more than Duncan glosser is making 6 figures in Holland as a non eu player and Duncan was in the wild and brought in as a trialist however even on 100-200k gloster is worth it

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I was sad to see him leave so would be happy to have him back.  He's probably not PSV-level but a good left back.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

why not - look what it did for Duncan

LB  upgrade would be good.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Is there any reliable source for this?

Gloster played and started 1 game for our USL team back in 2016 and looked like he had the goods. Very little playing time since, so would he be a project for a year, which may stunt the growth of Tolkin in the same position (unless Tolkin plays DM).
It'll be interesting to see.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Gloster played and started 1 game for our USL team back in 2016 and looked like he had the goods. Very little playing time since, so would he be a project for a year, which may stunt the growth of Tolkin in the same position (unless Tolkin plays DM).
It'll be interesting to see.

How did Tolkin look in USL last year? There was a lot of hype around him when he joined but can't say I heard much one way or the other since then.

Possible competition at LB next year or still a bit early for that?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If this is from MLSTransfers, then it's not a reliable source. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

How did Tolkin look in USL last year? There was a lot of hype around him when he joined but can't say I heard much one way or the other since then.

Possible competition at LB next year or still a bit early for that?

personally i thought he stagnated a little bit, but still have high hopes for him.  He still needs to physically mature some, and at times i worry about how athletic he is because we tend to leave our wingbacks on an island.  But his long range passing is art, and frankly think both of Struber's preferred formations suit him a lot.  I'd rather him be used as a CM but the writers close to the team when i last checked say the club views him as a left back long term.  

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If this is from MLSTransfers, then it's not a reliable source. 

he was right about Jorgenson going on loan to Denmark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users