26 replies to this topic

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
Does anyone else feel like I do and wonder why they choose to announce the players first name rather than their last or both first and last. I can't tell you how dumb it sounds when they yell goal scored by "Thierryy." I am just waiting for the Henry never comes.

Then their is some garble in spanish I don't understand but at least they announce the whole name.

Anyone feel the same or different???

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Does anyone else feel like I do and wonder why they choose to announce the players first name rather than their last or both first and last. I can't tell you how dumb it sounds when they yell goal scored by "Thierryy." I am just waiting for the Henry never comes.

Then their is some garble in spanish I don't understand but at least they announce the whole name.

Newb. You shouldn't be waiting for "Henry," you should be screaming it. Its one of the best things they've done to get the stadium involved - when they announce the starters and with the goals

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

soccerfreak9210

soccerfreak9210

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Roma, Nats

Newb. You shouldn't be waiting for "Henry," you should be screaming it. Its one of the best things they've done to get the stadium involved - when they announce the starters and with the goals

Yep. But this obviously means not enough people do it / it's not loud enough. Who knows how many people think they only call out the first names...

vonlages

vonlages

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Supports:WerderBremen RedBulls

We the fans are suppose to yell the last name. Just as in the beginning of the game during the announcements. Its done in the bundesliga regularly and sounds awsome when you have 50k people doing it. It gets even more advanced there when the speaker guy and fans call back at each other Even 10k would sound great at rba
So next time instead of just "waiting" - join in.
"They're more fun to agitate than Philly fans, and that's saying alot, because those fools are like human cartoons." - Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

mcsjwu

mcsjwu

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

We the fans are suppose to yell the last name. Just as in the beginning of the game during the announcements. Its done in the bundesliga regularly and sounds awsome when you have 50k people doing it. It gets even more advanced there when the speaker guy and fans call back at each other Even 10k would sound great at rba
So next time instead of just "waiting" - join in.

Yeah and doesn't sound awesome when there's less than 10K doing it. I do love it and I join in, but there may be too many fair weather/casual fans attending RBA for it to work. The STH and die hards will scream it, but unfortunately we only make up a portion of the arena...

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding
I like it.

I don't like all the jock jams they play whenever there isn't play on the field, including before kickoff. Is it just me or does it seem like there's been more music blared this season?

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

vonlages

vonlages

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Supports:WerderBremen RedBulls

Yeah and doesn't sound awesome when there's less than 10K doing it. I do love it and I join in, but there may be too many fair weather/casual fans attending RBA for it to work. The STH and die hards will scream it, but unfortunately we only make up a portion of the arena...

Gatta start somewhere... Overtime things like this can catch on to the whole stadium.
"They're more fun to agitate than Philly fans, and that's saying alot, because those fools are like human cartoons." - Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
Not that it pertains to most of the folks on this board, but it was more effective in 2010 because they handed out paper game guides, so the nubs and new fans had the list of player names and numbers. Now people might actually have to learn who is on the team... THE HORROR!

Cant trust the jumbotron, I remember DeRo getting listed once as our starter during the lineups last year after we traded him.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro
They gave out the guides for the home opener this year.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yep. But this obviously means not enough people do it / it's not loud enough. Who knows how many people think they only call out the first names...

I was watching the game on TV and the stadium sounded loud as fuck when shouting, "HENRY!" Of course, that's because more people know who he is than, say, Ballouchy, but so what? Because not everyone gets it they should just never do it? That's how traditions are built. Over time more and more people will get it. It's not a difficult concept to get.

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull

I was watching the game on TV and the stadium sounded loud as fuck when shouting, "HENRY!" Of course, that's because more people know who he is than, say, Ballouchy, but so what? Because not everyone gets it they should just never do it? That's how traditions are built. Over time more and more people will get it. It's not a difficult concept to get.

they could be using an playing audio track to enhance the sound..... maybe.... how loud could the stadium have been with 5000 people in

attendance? I wouldn't put it past them

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
I went to most all games last year. Henry I heard now that I recall but I guess it was so ineffective (i dont sit in the south ward) that I never even picked up on it.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I went to most all games last year. Henry I heard now that I recall but I guess it was so ineffective (i dont sit in the south ward) that I never even picked up on it.

Where do you sit? In 128 3/4 of the people shout every name. BTW, they do put the names up on the display, though they always get one or out of sequence.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

FC Red Bulls

FC Red Bulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I don't like the MC before the game and at halftime. Is it the same guy from the Nets game? Not a big fan of the goal song either, very generic.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

I like it.

I don't like all the jock jams they play whenever there isn't play on the field, including before kickoff. Is it just me or does it seem like there's been more music blared this season?

There is. I noticed it as well. I think they should tone it down a bit. Not so much in the music, but the volume. While I understand that RBA isn't a baseball stadium, but there's no need to have the music at rock-concert decibles.

Plus, I miss the "Bird and The Worm" (sorry, there was no other way I could name it) pre-kickoff intros. Tells the story before the match. I thought it was cool and authentic. Very RBA. Anyone else agree?

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users