182 replies to this topic

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT

Why didn't you renew through your online account? I did it that way and it took about ten seconds total.

Plenty of people had issues with their online system as well.
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

tkrzyzostaniak

tkrzyzostaniak

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
I tried online...wasn't working

89.3% Class

89.3% Class

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:rbny
FYI, sent this to a rep. I got a detailed response, but I don't think I'm renewing.

Hi XXXXXXX,

We have spoken a few times and I want to start by saying that I appreciate the professional service you have showed me in the past. You have always been helpful and easy to talk to.

I am a season ticket holder with 7 tickets in section 107 row 5 and 6. Though I'm sure it was not your decision, I'd like to express my dissatisfaction with 2012 ticket price changes.

Ticket price increase
My primary concern is the substantial increase in ticket price. My tickets for the 2012 season have increased 35% in price. The increase for the 2011 season, though I do not have the numbers at hand, was also in the 35% neighborhood. I have always expected that the new stadium would come with an increase in ticket price, but a 35% increase every season is unacceptable and personally unsustainable. This point becomes a bit more vivid when one considers that there a negative return for sales in the secondary market. My ticket price has increased, while demand has not.

Division of section 107
When seat selection occurred for the new stadium, I carefully reviewed the admittedly top notch seat selection brochure that was provided. I assumed that, based the high quality of this publication, an abundance of research and planning had gone into the pricing. I did not expect that 3 years later my section would be considered a sort of lower tier premium section. If I had know this plan, I would have used my respectable seat selection priority number to select seats in rows 10 or higher, thereby obtaining the closest proximity, with a manageable price.

Unfortunately, now I do not have the luxury of moving to row 10. In fact, I doubt there will be 7 seats in 107 at all. Effectively, this pricing change has penalized my group for having a higher seating priority number. If we had not been such dedicated fans of the team, we wouldn't have been able to get into the lower portion of the section and would have seen a more manageable (though still high) 14% increase.

I have decided not to include my feelings on the lackluster performance of the team, or the US Open Cup embarrassment in this email as these issues are not dealt with by Fan Services.
I also have not included my opinions of the the insulting 3 week renewal window, of not receiving my 2011 season start packs, of a lack of adherence to my partial pay plan schedule last season, and other minor issues.
Please be assured that these realities also weigh heavily on our decision, though there would be no question of renewing if ticket prices stayed constant.

For resolution, please let me know where 7 seats are available for a more reasonable price. Though I currently have a sour taste in my mouth from what I regard as mistreatment, I hope to be able to continue to attend games.

Thank you,
Michael A.

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday
What a great email - bravo.
I'd love to hear their response... via telephone, it was a lot of Heck talking points when I raised similar issues.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding
Yeah, you can bump up your username by 10.3%.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur

FYI, sent this to a rep. I got a detailed response, but I don't think I'm renewing.

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you,
Michael A.

Grate Email and welcome to MF.

EstonianAssassin

EstonianAssassin

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Tottenham

Grate Email and welcome to MF.

Where this sort of coherent argument and well-thought out writing go to die.

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Where this sort of coherent argument and well-thought out writing go to die.

Well we still have VOR :cheers:

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you,
Michael A.

A well written, fair and rational letter (unlike some we've seen). The long term STH's really got screwed on this one, but I don't know how else they could have done this, logistically. It does make sense, at some point, to charge more for front row seats than for 20th row seats. You can argue it is too soon, but it is inevitable and fair. But I don't know how you allow people in those seats to move to less expensive seats (which someone else has), without doing an annual seat selection process based on tenure, like they did at the opening, where no one is guaranteed their seats from the previous year. What else could they have done (other than keep prices the same)?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you,
Michael A.

Well done. They are lucky that you gave so much of your valuable time to give them feedback.

FWIW, I also found the price increase without a comensurate improvement in on field performance a bit stiff. I wasn't ready to abandon ship, but I did drop from 4 seats to 2.

My long term contact no longer seems to be there, so when I called to renew only the 2, they didn't bother to ask why I was cutting back.

Braindead.

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

It does make sense, at some point, to charge more for front row seats than for 20th row seats.

And I suppose the Mets are justified in charging more for tickets against the bigger draws than the scrubs?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

And I suppose the Mets are justified in charging more for tickets against the bigger draws than the scrubs?

I understand thats a very common practice in soccer ticket pricing. I know they do it in the Prem.
http://www.fulhamfc....cketPrices.aspx
You can view it as charging more for the big games, or as discounting the smaller games. The point is, it is common practice and perfectly reasonable.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Thats actually a very common practice in soccer ticket pricing. I know they do it in the Prem.

The ONLY reason to have season tickets right now for RBNY is if you like your seats. Otherwise, you can always get a seat.

Comparisons with leagues like the Prem don't mean much went you can't even fill half of your stadium on a consistent basis.

That said, it is still a free country (I think) and they can price it any way they want. If that drives customers away, that's their problem, not ours.

If you think it is just the RedBulls, take a look at the way Netflix shot themselves in the foot by splitting their services and raising prices. And Reed Hastings is lauded as one of the smartest around. They had a great thing going, but they tried to get too clever (take note Hans) and wound up with a major black eye.

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

You can view it as charging more for the big games, or as discounting the smaller games. The point is, it is common practice and perfectly reasonable.

Let's say the Colts were considered a "big game" this year under that plan. Now that Peyton is injured, that game is not a big game anymore. Should the team refund the extra money? Seems reasonable, doesn't it?

Common practice does not make it perfectly reasonable. Stop being an apologist.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

The ONLY reason to have season tickets right now for RBNY is if you like your seats. Otherwise, you can always get a seat.

Comparisons with leagues like the Prem don't mean much went you can't even fill half of your stadium on a consistent basis.

That said, it is still a free country (I think) and they can price it any way they want. If that drives customers away, that's their problem, not ours.

If you think it is just the RedBulls, take a look at the way Netflix shot themselves in the foot by splitting their services and raising prices. And Reed Hastings is lauded as one of the smartest around. They had a great thing going, but they tried to get too clever (take note Hans) and wound up with a major black eye.

Right now you can always get tickets. Hopefully, that won't always be the case, and if/when you do want season tix down the road, you'll be in the back of the line. I do like my seats, and like the idea of having the same ones every game. I also like the little STH perks... entry to the Pub, the autograph session, early eindow to buy tickets for other games, etc.

Time will tell if they've shot themselves in the foot. Apparently, they have strong demand for the best seats. So they won't lose anything financially (putting aside karma, loyalty, etc.) from people giving those up. Its the lesser seats that they have challenges filling.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users