182 replies to this topic

NickyG

NickyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Supports:1996 NEW YORK

Let's say the Colts were considered a "big game" this year under that plan. Now that Peyton is injured, that game is not a big game anymore. Should the team refund the extra money? Seems reasonable, doesn't it?

Common practice does not make it perfectly reasonable. Stop being an apologist.

stop being an unreasonable bitter hater. it happens everywhere. Any sport. They charge more for the bigger teams, for the closest seats, for the best accommodations, etc. You're opinions are so disgustingly stained with the your red Bull hate that you can't see anything beyond what you want to see. I've been to sporting events in a few countries and its the same everywhere. Corporations/Teams want and need to make money. We have a $200 million stadium, $13 million squad, $xxx upkeep of a stadium in NJ, etc and they gave us a break the first year by not raising prices for season ticket holders and letting those people pick seats. The second year they raised the prices a bit, and now they need to make money. People think that RB just hands out money freely to all its enterprises. ugh. enough, get out of here already.

wait for it.... some response by you that will include some sort of explanation as to why its completely okay for your BS.
“You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favorite football team.” – Eric Cantona

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

stop being an unreasonable bitter hater. it happens everywhere. Any sport. They charge more for the bigger teams, for the closest seats, for the best accommodations, etc. You're opinions are so disgustingly stained with the your red Bull hate that you can't see anything beyond what you want to see. I've been to sporting events in a few countries and its the same everywhere. Corporations/Teams want and need to make money. We have a $200 million stadium, $13 million squad, $xxx upkeep of a stadium in NJ, etc and they gave us a break the first year by not raising prices for season ticket holders and letting those people pick seats. The second year they raised the prices a bit, and now they need to make money. People think that RB just hands out money freely to all its enterprises. ugh. enough, get out of here already.

wait for it.... some response by you that will include some sort of explanation as to why its completely okay for your BS.

These same people assured us that year two of the stadium would see a huge drop off in STH's... instead of the increase we actually saw. Of course, they absurdly try to deny the increase, but haters gonna hate.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

sent this to a rep. I got a detailed response

Care to share the detailed response, or details of the response, with us? :unsure:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

These same people assured us that year two of the stadium would see a huge drop off in STH's... instead of the increase we actually saw. Of course, they absurdly try to deny the increase, but haters gonna hate.

what increase ?
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

I am questioning his (and yours, I guess) acceptance of getting fucked over. "Hey that's the way it is, what can we do?" It's defeatist, especially when it's unjustified.

I understand completely that ticket prices go up. What I don't accept is that there is a reason for a price difference in the same section, or between league games. It's wrong.

Just wait for next year, when the sections that didn't go up this year get hit with their increase. Then Chris Heck can say "well, half the stadium didn't go up or change", even though they went up the year before. They are spinning everything to fuck you over.

RB doesn't hand out money freely? I'm pretty sure when they are sponsoring soap box derbies that they do. Do you think it's possible that a company with so much money to throw around might make bad business decisions? Or am I just hating?

Just because I hate Red Bull doesn't mean I'm wrong.

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

And where does the huge dropoff in STH's for the upcoming year fit in to your argument?

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If there was an increase its certainly wasn't noticeable. My guess is the numbers stayed just about the same, give or take a couple hundred. If you got proof to show otherwise I'm all for it.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

ukraine76

ukraine76

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
My understanding from the rep is that the number of ST Holders went up from 2010 to 2011 (from about 9,500 to about 10,500 is my guess), but to be fair to those who are feeling very negative towards what RBNY is doing with regards to ST's (I am not one of them), this isncrease was mostly due to people getting ST's as a way to access the All Star Game. If not for that, the number would have been flat or slightly lower, I gather.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

My understanding from the rep is that the number of ST Holders went up from 2010 to 2011 (from about 9,500 to about 10,500 is my guess), but to be fair to those who are feeling very negative towards what RBNY is doing with regards to ST's (I am not one of them), this isncrease was mostly due to people getting ST's as a way to access the All Star Game. If not for that, the number would have been flat or slightly lower, I gather.

That is a whole lot of guessing right there my friend... :)

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

89.3% Class

89.3% Class

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:rbny

... The long term STH's really got screwed on this one, but I don't know how else they could have done this, logistically. It does make sense, at some point, to charge more for front row seats than for 20th row seats. You can argue it is too soon, but it is inevitable and fair. But I don't know how you allow people in those seats to move to less expensive seats (which someone else has), without doing an annual seat selection process based on tenure, like they did at the opening, where no one is guaranteed their seats from the previous year. What else could they have done (other than keep prices the same)?

They could have honored the pricing structure (one pricing tier for 107...) that they implemented 3 years ago. If dividing the section was always their plan, which seems to be what you are claiming, then why not enact it from the get go. If it wasn't RB's plan 3 years ago, which is the obvious reality, then I am being forced to effectively relinquish my seating priority number because new management has come in.

I also never suggested a new seat selection process each year. I need predictability from the FO. This would not add to predictability.

A solution would be to grandfather current season ticket holders in with maybe a 5% bump in price and 20% increase face value of tickets. An increase in face value would likely drive up resale prices, and create a comfort in fans with further price increases in later years.

And don't get me wrong, RB can do what ever it wants, but the rotating management of RB has caused unpredictable changes in cost and policies. Current management has decided that they can squeeze extra money out of a small percentage of their loyal supporters. That makes me angry. RB doesn't like me when I'm angry.

89.3% Class

89.3% Class

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Care to share the detailed response, or details of the response, with us? :unsure:

I don't feel comfortable spreading this rep's response, as he/she is a good person. But I will paraphrase:

1) Thanks for emailing. We have been getting a lot of emails like this.

2) Ticket bump is large and I sympathize with your disappointment.

3) One of first things new President of Business Operations looked at was the pricing schedule.

4) new president decided ticket pricing didnt make sense. He thought raising price would add value to seats and reduce no shows.

5) These are some other cheaper sections.......

6) Everyone's is upset with teams performance. Makes ticket sales tough.

7) Thanks for the email. We will use it to better serve fan base in future.

8) I am here to help, we can get you renewed.

That's basically the abbreviated version.

89.3% Class

89.3% Class

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

My problem's not with an increase; it's with expectations. I mean come on. Math existed in 2007. They could have figured out pricing then. Instead we get the half-ass, I-call-a-mulligan bullshit.

If you want $4k of my bucks a year (7 season tickets), you gotta be a professional. On field and in the office.

Your argument is stupid. No one wants a single price for all seats in the stadium. People just want predictability. A 35% single year increase is the antithesis of predictability. I can't believe people are even trying to justify this.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

new president decided ticket pricing didnt make sense. He thought raising price would add value to seats and reduce no shows.

I don't get this hypothesis. He thinks that some seats are so inexpensive, that people buy them, but do not use them? Also, that a reduction in no-shows would result from an increase in ticket prices? :blink:
I would think that the RB FO could easily do an actual analysis of STHs & unused tickets. How many long-time STHs (defined as anyone who had STHs at GS), used their tickets? How many new STHs (possibly only buying for access to ASG seats) used their tickets? Chart the percentage of STH tickets used for every game. Analyze the dates & weather conditions for each game. What made people not come? Games too early in the year? Weather (or forecast) poor? Games on weekdays? The opponents? Our record?
A similar analysis could be conducted, for tickets bought on a single-game or partial-plan basis, as well as tickets bought via promotions.
I can't imagine that the data would yield the proposed conclusion.
http://en.wikipedia....ientific_method
I would think that a simpler hypothesis would be to predict that outpricing & alienating your core group of fans (STHs) would result in fewer ticket sales.
Of course, that's probably why I don't market energy drinks or sports tickets. :lol:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
The big question is are you still going to remain in solidarity with your fellow fans and forgo renewing your Season Tickets and instead opting to purchase by game in any of the always available sections using these great deals the FO is now giving to single game purchases (if you want to go to a game) and therefore have a legitimate avenue to real protest with your wallet if they continue to attempt bullshit next season?

Stay strong, the team may be playing better but this isn't about team performance its about your rights as a fan of this team and about you demanding proper treatment.

Show them you are all serious about this by not renewing and stay on message. It really is the only weapon you have, don't be afraid to use it. Stand up for your club.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

The big question is are you still going to remain in solidarity with your fellow fans and forgo renewing your Season Tickets and instead opting to purchase by game in any of the always available sections using these great deals the FO is now giving to single game purchases (if you want to go to a game) and therefore have a legitimate avenue to real protest with your wallet if they continue to attempt bullshit next season?

Stay strong, the team may be playing better but this isn't about team performance its about your rights as a fan of this team and about you demanding proper treatment.

Show them you are all serious about this by not renewing and stay on message. It really is the only weapon you have, don't be afraid to use it. Stand up for your club.

I was assured that there will be no more Groupon deals next year - it's part of Heck's "revaluation" of the season tickets.

If that's the case, I'm afraid that the stadium is going to be EMPTY next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users